Imeldas

jemanda

I was reading "Under the Duvet" by Marian Keyes and she admits to a love of shoes. She calls herself an "Imelda" I would love to add in a few of the things she raises in her article "Imeldas and how to spot them" but I suspect the publishers will not be amused. She does raise a good point ".....women are divided into shoe women, bath products-women, or nice underwear women" I suspect the are even sub catagories of Imeldas too.... Mule women, sandal women, pump women, boot women etc... but what could we call the male equivalent on an Imelda???

Easy, the male equivalent of an Imelda is a Prince or an Izzard or a Firefox or a Highluc or a Xaphod or a Joak or a YamYam or a Jeff or a Bubba or a Heelfan or .......................... need I go on? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Jemanda wrote:

women are divided into shoe women, bath products-women, or nice underwear women"

and some, like my wife and two daughters, exhibit characteristics of all three. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Easy, the male equivalent of an Imelda is a Prince or an Izzard or a Firefox or a Highluc or a Xaphod or a Joak or a YamYam or a Jeff or a Bubba or a Heelfan or .......................... need I go on?

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Just being in the same sentence as those names is high praise indeed. My brother actually refers to me as 'Imelda' sometimes, so I guess it works for men too!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"