Making Leggings Dressy and Flattering

Daisuki

I saw this article in the WSJ and thought it might be interesting. It talks about heels going well with leggings vs. flats. A picture is included in the article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703440004575548592774413272.html

Whether it's day or night, Ms. Miller wears her leggings with heels. "I wouldn't wear them with a flat shoe unless you have the most incredible legs," she says, because leggings are basically skintight trousers.

To elongate the leg and add height, she often chooses sexy pumps for the evening and a pair of shearling boots for daytime.

I recently saw a good example of this in the mall, but also some of those skinny jeans can almost be like leggings. I have an employee that likes to wear skinny jeans on Friday. She wears flats with them, but I think that still looks plenty good.

Interesting Article by way, and this Wacky Idea popped in head while reading it. Since Look has already worked very nicely over time with Skirts and Dresses mainly, along too with the occasional Gauchos or maybe Capris... ~~ 1st pull on your Leggings\Jeggings\Skinny's and then OVER them pull up a pair (or 2, but not more) of either FANCY PATTERNED and/or COLOURED "Stay-Up-On-Their-Own" THIGH HIGH STOCKINGS or even PANTYHOSE to Accent them further. Guess a Nice Long Top would be needed if Latter is needed choice and pair of ANKLE BOOTS or SHOETIES would end up as FootWearDrobe Minimum, then again could be equally nice look OVER pair of CAPRIS that more Hug your Leggs then loose like Trousers\Pants.

Boots Rock!!!!

Interesting Article by way, and this Wacky Idea popped in head while reading it. Since Look has already worked very nicely over time with Skirts and Dresses mainly, along too with the occasional Gauchos or maybe Capris...

~~ 1st pull on your Leggings\Jeggings\Skinny's and then OVER them pull up a pair (or 2, but not more) of either FANCY PATTERNED and/or COLOURED "Stay-Up-On-Their-Own" THIGH HIGH STOCKINGS or even PANTYHOSE to Accent them further. Guess a Nice Long Top would be needed if Latter is needed choice and pair of ANKLE BOOTS or SHOETIES would end up as FootWearDrobe Minimum, then again could be equally nice look OVER pair of CAPRIS that more Hug your Leggs then loose like Trousers\Pants.

may be a bit much - overdo. Just my thoughts

What I have seen that works was black fishnet's with a purple fencenet / industrial over top with a demin or black mini. You could get away with a short knee length legging in the winter, but then agian, a pair of boots would do much better. Wouldn't be leggings though.

• 3 months later...

I saw this article in the WSJ yesterday. It would be just like me to try and set-up a matrix like this! (sexy vs. sensible and party vs. office)

What Your Legs Say About You

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703445904576118600991988140.html

What's wrong with fishnets in the office? :silly:

The chart can be expanded...and is that supposed to be Serena van der Woodsen? Well, back when I watched Gossip Girl, I was a B and not an S person.

I got some basic American Apparel winter leggings myself recently. I like to work out in them with my flats. They will probably also double as long johns on a ski trip in a couple weeks.

• 3 months later...

I own several pairs of black leggings in two lengths, capri and full. Some have snap and studded embellishments. I tend wear them with long tunics, either button down or tie-back style, and heels. I also tend to add a wide, color-coordinated belt with my button-down tunics. I really love the looks you can create and really enjoy the soft comfy feel when I really want to be soft and comfy.