Going to Australia and Sydney in August

Beeblebrox

Hi all heel loving friends I think it has been a little to quit from my part in this board for a while. Time for change. Well, the 15th August will I be leaving for Australia and Sydney. As some of you might know, I'm studying to become a social worker. The reason for my travel is that I will do my practice there at a hospital in west sedney for 5 months. However, I have not lost my interest in high heels. So I wonder if there is anyone from the sydney area or in New South Wales (NSW)? Perhaps you can give some advice where to find nice boots. Perhaps we can arrange a NSW meeting, any interest? Has any of you experience in wearing high heels in broad daylight in OZ and what kind of reaction will most probably follow? Next stop Sydney

WoW! Sounds like a nice trip. I always enjoyed the time I spent there. I'd like to visit Sydney again. It's a great city. While you're there, keep an eye out for our lovely JaneOz. And, if you happen to see her, please let her know that we miss her at Jenny's. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I couldnt think of a better place to come to !! Thats only because I live in SYdney. In fact today was a beautiful winters day, not a cloud in the sky, just cold enough for jeans and a sweater, and it was spent cruising around the nicest harbour in the world !. Sipping champagne as we cruised past the Opera House and under the Harbour bridge!! If you need some info on Sydney, where to go, what to see etc etc, please feel free to contact me either here, or private email No worries mate

• 2 weeks later...

WoW! Sounds like a nice trip. I always enjoyed the time I spent there. I'd like to visit Sydney again. It's a great city. While you're there, keep an eye out for our lovely JaneOz. And, if you happen to see her, please let her know that we miss her at Jenny's. :lol:

Hi Bubba136!

It seems like everyone I talked to only had positive things to say about Australia and Sydney. By the way, how will I regognize JaneOz? It would nice to meet someone into heels in Sydney. When you were in Sydney, did you go out in heels and if so, what reaction did you get? I really look forward to go to Sydney, my plane is leaving on friday 15th. Unfortenly am I not able to take whit me any amount of heels, but I hope there is oppurtunities to get some nice heels there.

Hi Beeblebrox

Long time no speak

Good to see you're still around

Hi Calv!

Yes, it has been a lot of water under the bridge, as we say in Sweden. I have been thinking a lot of all of you. I have not been here that much and writing even more less. Well, hopefully it will change now. I have some storys to tell, but they have to come later on.

Looking forward to see you all someday soon

I couldnt think of a better place to come to !! Thats only because I live in SYdney. In fact today was a beautiful winters day, not a cloud in the sky, just cold enough for jeans and a sweater, and it was spent cruising around the nicest harbour in the world !. Sipping champagne as we cruised past the Opera House and under the Harbour bridge!!

If you need some info on Sydney, where to go, what to see etc etc, please feel free to contact me either here, or private email

No worries mate

Everyone including you have only said good things about Sydney, I really look forward to get there. I will send you a message to you.

By the way, I will be in Sydney late Saturday 16th this month (August)

While you're in Sydney, don't forget to order some Lobster that Australia is so famous for. Australian lobsters don't have claws...and they are very large. A nice 2 Lb tai, and some drawn butter and a tasty ceaser salad.....Ummmmm!

And no, I didn't have a chance to take any heels with me. I did a lot of looking at heels in stores, though.

You can recognize Jane easily. Just look for a smashingly beautiful woman with red hair wearing the most gorgeous heels you've ever seen Posted Image

you can find more pictures of the lovely JaneOz at:http://members.fortunecity.com/dishh/index.html

Have fun on your trip and don't forget to take the harbor and see the opera house. Wow, there's so much to see and do in Sydney.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 months later...

hey, Beeblebrox, how was your trip to Sydney?

Hi Bubba

Well, I am still in Sydney. This is a city which is different to most other cities I have been in. I like Australia very much and have done some travelling.

I will be here until 16 of January 2004 and will be out travelling between 20 December and 5 January, Quesnsland. Me and my mother is going by fligth up to Cairns and we will later go by car down to Brisban.

I have also bought a couple of boots.

How is it with you?

Hello Beeblebrox, Nice to hear you arrived "Down Under" OK! Can you post us with a little of your Ozzy shoeie or bootie news - descriptions of purchases, meetings-up with Jane or Inga or any other Ozzy members, etc.? Also, it would be great if you could do a general report on the high-heel scene down there as you currently perceive it (plus special sightings etc.) on the Megaforum thread that I started "Worldwide Ligh Heel Reports". It helps us to build-up a fascinating global picture! Yours in anticipation. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Beeblebrox,

Nice to hear you arrived "Down Under" OK!

Can you post us with a little of your Ozzy shoeie or bootie news - descriptions of purchases, meetings-up with Jane or Inga or any other Ozzy members, etc.?

Also, it would be great if you could do a general report on the high-heel scene down there as you currently perceive it (plus special sightings etc.) on the Megaforum thread that I started "Worldwide Ligh Heel Reports". It helps us to build-up a fascinating global picture!

Yours in anticipation.

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Hi all

Well, that is an exellent suggestion.

I can give a little information about the heelsceen and what I bought. I can take pics of the boots but I will need help to put them on here.

So far I have bought five pairs.

1. Ladies heeled black cowboy boots

2. High heeled black stiletto like cowboy boots

3. Medidum heeled red mens (?) boots from the 70:ies?

4. Heeled black high trainers

5. RM Williams black low heeled boots

I was also trying on some heels in shops. In the one shop (Platipus) I tryed on the same model as no 1. No one turned their head. The sales lady thought they look good on me but a little strange. Perhaps she is not used to see men trying on womens shoes and boots.

In the shop where I bought the RM Williams was real fun. It was a Raben shop. I said I wanted a pair of cowboy bots with high heel. Of course the only ones they had was in smaller sixe. I asked them if they had anything with a block heel. After a while came the sales lady with a pair of high heeld block boots which I tryed on in the shop with other cosumers around me. Even the shop owner was there, a man in his fities and he was vary friendly too. I walked around in them and they where a little to tight. They came with several other high heeled boots and I tryed them on as well. One pair was real good fitting and had approx 4 inch heel. When I was trying them on there was a man and a lady in their twenties and the man really looked at the boots I was wearing. I bet he wanted to try a pair too. Then I tryed the RM Williams and they was really comfy so I bought them. Expensive but very good fitting.

There is plenty of shoe shops around, but more or less selling the same thing. But Johns shoes is good, if you can find them and Raben of course.

So far I have not seen any male out here with heels on. But here is plenty of womans here who wear high heels.

It would be fun if there is anyone more here near Sydney so we can have a little heel meeting. They are very fun. I will be leaving for Sweden the 17th of January and I will be away travelling between 20th of december and 11th of January.

Well, thats all for now.

• 2 years later...