Curiouser and curiouser

HighCurious

Well it's been a month since I said hello on here, so I thought it was time I gave you all an update on where my curiosity has taken me. For those that missed my introduction, I've been curious about wearing heels for years, but only recently plucked up the courage to try any on and, even more recently, to buy a pair of 3.75" stiletto-heeled high-calf boots. I've been wearing my boots just about every night since I got them, to start with just in my house (I live alone) getting used to the feel and the height and the balance. I've been wearing memory foam inner soles and they have really brought me on in leaps and bounds. Both for the comfort they bring and for the extra tightness that stops my boots from moving around on my feet. You see, I've got a pair of problem feet, one is a UK8.5 and the other is a UK10.5 which is narrower than the other. This makes getting comfortable, well-fitting shoes a bit of a task at the best of times. The inners have helped a lot, although I think my next pair of heels will be a size larger to accommodate them. Recently, I've been venturing out of my back door (under the cloak of darkness) for quick walks around the estate. I'm no JeffB or Thighbootguy! I've been within sight of my house for most of the time and my longest walk has been about 7-8 minutes, maybe 10 at a push. I started with just standing at my door, then standing outside it then walking a small way and built it up from there. Again, I've really just been getting used to the balance on the different surfaces that an estate can offer, road, path, block paving, etc. However, the place is pretty flat, so I don't have much experience with slopes. I've also not yet been spotted, although I came close a couple of times when cars drove close by. I'm sure this all sounds pretty tame to most of you, but I'm still on "high alert" as I walk around and I can feel my heart rate rising the longer I stay out of the house. Anyway, I'm starting to feel more confident in my heeling, so I'm considering what the next step would be. Higher heels? Walking around a different place? Maybe even being seen on purpose outside of the one shop I've actually visited so far? I'd be pretty interested in hearing how some of you got over your "second hurdle", so to speak, what did you do and how did you do it? Thanks for reading, I'll try to be quicker with my next update. :) HighCurious

High Curious ...

Take your time and get more comfortable wearing your high heels, especially outside. There's no hurry or time limit. That's all you have is time. Feel comfortable with the outfit you are wearing with your high heels. You're going about it alright. Don't pressure yourself and enjoy every moment in hgih heels. That's what it's all about. Have fun.

Sounds like your going at your own pace and are thinking about making the next step which is good, just make sure you have the confidence (or atleast fake the confidence) when you are doing it. I went from going out under the cover of darkness to going out in broad daylight to a shopping center. The key is to just bite the bullet and walk out in your heels with your head held high! all it is, is a pair of shoes at the end of the day... and in your mind, it's always going to be alot more daunting than it actually is being seen out in heels. You are doing nothing wrong, if you get people staring then that's THEIR problem, not yours buddy! Good luck with your next outing, make sure to take your time and be really comfortable in your surroundings :)

boy I couldnt agree with you more there, heelguy:smile: I just figure its "water off a duck's back" (told to me from a ex retail worker I once knew).

Don't know if you have read it, but i'm sure someone said that after wearing heels out under the cover of darkness, they went out a little earlier in the evening so its not as dark while they were out. This way its small steps to wearing heels during daylight.