Hello to everyone!

Hi, I'm Mike. I have really liked high heels as long as I can remember. I think my favorites are shiny stilettos with 6" + metal heels. It is nice to see a community of people who have similar interests- I remember for many years before the web existed feeling very isolated in my various interests- I never knew how many other people shared them. It helps me to feel normal and not embarrassed about my interest.

I'm married, and my wife indulges me by wearing heels, although she can't walk in anything more than a 5" and she doesn't really like platforms (they don't interest me either, it's the heels that really seem to absorb my interest).

She'll wear higher heels for me if she doesn't have to walk in them, which I think is very considerate of her. She has always been very open to and supportive of my different interests, which I appreciate- it's a godsend.

So, when I was single I got some 6" black patents that are now all cracked and flaking in the finish- can I do something about that to make them look nice again? I thought about using shiny black duct tape on them, but I'd like something more "seamless" in appearance.

I also have got several very pretty four and five inch shoes for my wife- brands like Ellie and Seduce, that you can get relatively inexpensively on the web. I just got her a pair of red open toe Seduce pumps that arrived today, and when I opened the box I thought, "dang. Those are some sexy looking shoes." I left the box out on the counter and was on the computer when my wife got home. Before I knew it she had clacked in here with them on, pointed down to them, and gave me a thumbs up. They looked even better on her. Here's a picture of them- just by themselves, not with her wearing them yet, sorry. http://imgur.com/mmIWE.jpg I will try posting a recent pic of her wearing some 5"+ black leather (D'Orsay?) pumps soon.

I'm familiar with 6ihf, I love the way their shoes look in pics and videos, but I can't really justify the cost of getting those at this time.

If I could find some really high non-platform pumps with steel heels in the 7+ inch range for under $100, I would get them for her. I did find some on a website, but I didn't know anything about them- if the seller is reputable, if the shoes are wearable, etc. Lovely pictures, though. It was called "zhangzen's store" and the price was around $85. Here's the link: http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/602560/210186803-330254648/Women-20cm-high-heeled-sandals-Sexy-crystal-shoes-Interesting-stage-model-shoes-high-heels.html does anyone have any info on them?

Finally, is there a search capability built into the forum? And are there galleries available? I can't seem to get into them- restricted, it says. Maybe because I'm a new user?

Thanks so much to all of you for being here as a source of information and community!

Welcome to hhplace, miketr :) This is the forum for all thing high heels weather you wear high heels yourself or admire women that wear them. Given the number of active members we've on line, any advice or questions that you might have will be given or answered really quickly. Thanks for your great introduction and we are all looking forward to reading your comments and contributions. As far as access to the gallery and other areas is concerned, access will be allowed after a specific number of postings by you. You really should read the introduction to the form to find out how it works. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.