Boot Finding Help

MarkB

Hey folks,

First off, been lurking on HHPlace for while now, never really sure how to take that initial step to say hello. I'm kinda shy at the best of times... But now I need some help, so Im forced into saying hello. So... Hello...

I was going to post this in the Heels Wanted thread but I dont seem to have access, so Im posting here. Hopefully thats not a problem.

A while back I saw some ridiculous boots in River Island, but I've never had the balls to go heel shopping anywhere but online where I can stay fairly anonymous. I've been trying to track them down online for a while and the best I've been able to do was finding them (about 5 sizes too small :wave: ) on eBay. Wondering has anyone seen them anywhere else? The link for the, now expired, eBay auction is

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/RIVER-ISLAND-grey-brown-SUEDE-THIGH-BOOTS-5-new-150_W0QQitemZ150434331193QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SILF:SG:101

Anyone able to help?

Hello and welcome. I'm afraid eBay is probably going to be your best bet, I think I remember seeing those in the Winter collection so they're unlikely to be back at River Island. Next time I'd just buy them in the shop, it's easier than you think. The shop staff may guess that they're for you but they won't care, you won't be the first guy they've had buying women's boots. The other shoppers won't pay any attention, especially if you don't try them on.

Hey folks,

First off, been lurking on HHPlace for while now, never really sure how to take that initial step to say hello. I'm kinda shy at the best of times... But now I need some help, so Im forced into saying hello. So... Hello...

I was going to post this in the Heels Wanted thread but I dont seem to have access, so Im posting here. Hopefully thats not a problem.

A while back I saw some ridiculous boots in River Island, but I've never had the balls to go heel shopping anywhere but online where I can stay fairly anonymous. I've been trying to track them down online for a while and the best I've been able to do was finding them (about 5 sizes too small :wave: ) on eBay. Wondering has anyone seen them anywhere else? The link for the, now expired, eBay auction is

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/RIVER-ISLAND-grey-brown-SUEDE-THIGH-BOOTS-5-new-150_W0QQitemZ150434331193QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SILF:SG:101

Anyone able to help?

It's a shame that the photos don't show on the Ebay link anymore.

I can offer a suggestion or two. You can try to find out when these were in stock in the River Island stores....and what they were called. Contact your local River Island and see if they can find any old stocks, either in other stores, or in central warehousing. River Island are one of the most customer friendly of the High Street retail chains and you may be lucky as you'll be looking for a large size.

The other alternative is to keep looking on EBay and hope that they come up in your size.

The third alternative is to look online at Thighboot shops. If you were intending to pay upwards of £150.00 on Ebay you might as well look at Custom Made new boots. I have a whole load of links if you want to send me a Private Message.

Hello and welcome. I'm afraid eBay is probably going to be your best bet, I think I remember seeing those in the Winter collection so they're unlikely to be back at River Island.

Next time I'd just buy them in the shop,

It is if you're an experienced heel wearing male, but not if you're new to all this. It can be a very daunting experience for a 'newbie', and so I have to disagree that "it's easier than you think" in the context of actually summoning up the courage to walk into the shop and choose ladies boots for yourself....as a guy.

Believe me, I know plenty of heel-wearing men...and plenty of cross-dressers, many of whom STILL get nervous and worried about going into women's shops, despite the fact that an awful lot of the staff these days are very chilled out and helpful. Their biggest fears are the looks and possible comments from other shoppers...not the staff.

My best advice would be to take a friend with you, female if you can, who can offer you some support and also an objective eye on your selection. If this isn't possible, then you simply have to wait until the time is right for you. There's no easy way of doing this.....but I'm told, it IS like riding a bicycle. Once you've done it a few times...it gets less traumatic as your confidence builds up.

I wish you all the very best....and like I said, if you want the links to Thighboot shops online - just 'PM' me.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

hi markb, those are really cool boots,not seen them myself but like the style. i'd do what pib has said,i was in your position once the mere thought and i'd be sweating like mad but not any more! If you find them in London let me know and i could get them if need be and send them on to you,or if your in southern eire i will be making two trips there this summer. pm me if you want,where are you based in eire?

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Hi MarkB:

There is a site called How Cool and they do ship internationally. The website is www.howcool.com and they have a pretty good selection of boots to choose from. Hope this will help.