My Best Ever All-Time High-Heel Sighting

Heelfan

Difficult question this, because I have at least four or five memories that are so good that they class as a dead-heat. Anyway, to choose just one for now: Around 1987 I attended an auction sale in Penzance, South-West UK. At the view in the morning, I noticed not just one but TWO girls attending together and wearing identical very high-heeled boots. They were around 20 and 30 years old respectively (the girls, not the boots!). The boots were brand new and they had obviously only just bought them together from the same place. 5" very thin stiletto heels, no platform, pointed toes and they were ankle boots with the top part being in very thin floppy leather that furled around their ankles. The important part of the sighting is that the heels were much too high for both girls, and neither girl could keep their heels upright, both allowing their ankles to start turning inwards as the tension increased. The morning auction view involved a lot of standing around and josting about and no sitting-down whatsoever. By the time the lunch-break was called, BOTH pairs of ankles looked very tired and the two pairs of very tall heels were leaning inwards so drastically that many of the auction-goers had started to notice their plight. For the lunch break, they left the auction room to look for a restaurant in the town, with many of us close behind. The pavements throughout Penzance are uneven granite paving stone and cobblestones. The two girls bravely forged ahead with their ankles wallowing inwards worse than ever and the heels wobbling and dipping towards the ground. It was a miracle that no ankle gave-way completely. The sit-down in the restaurant gave them some much-needed respite, but the return walk to the auction room was just as spectacular, with a predictable trail of auction-goers following close behind like the tail of a comet. One of the two girls suddenly looked behind her for some reason, saw about thirty pairs of eyes transfixed on her and her friend's capsizing heels and blushed a furious shade of bright red. The afternoon was even more of an ordeal for them because when the bidding started, all the seats were taken and the pair of them had to stand at one side (they were bidding for a large banjo and one or two other musical items) throughout the entire proceedings with their leg and ankle muscles getting tireder and tireder. Most of us had left our cars in the railway station car park, and at the end of the sale, as we all walked the several hundred yards to our cars, the two girls were in a fairly pitiful state, hobbling incredibly slowly down the hill with their heels now keeled over at such an absurd angle that everone in the street paused to gaze at them and the amazing state of their near-collapsed high-heeled boots. Since then, I have often wondered whether their problem was that the heels had been set incorrectly on the boots, or whether, by coincidence both girls were weak-ankled and could not master an entire day on 5" stilettos. I also wondered whether either of them attempted to wear them again one future occasions! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Best all time sighting... That could be a difficult one. I would have to say back in 1993 while attending Phoenix College. My location in my English 101 class was such that I could see out the door. Two or three times a week this gal would pass by wearing a pair of white four inch pumps with a small cutout at the top. The halls were perfect for the sound of the older, non-flexible, type of soles. I can still hear them in my mind as she would enter the building and then walk the full length of about 6 classrooms. That was my que to get a drink or go to the bathroom because she always stopped to socialize outside of her classroom where she would shift her weight back and fourth or lean one foot on the other. I wish I still sighted gals in heels like that on a regular basis. :wink: AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

And followed by a reaxing evening on the green beize :wink: OK this is mine... Coming back on the train from London to Cambridge, it was slow going. (wrong kind of leaves, wrong kind of track, wrong kind of coaches... train travellers in the UK will know what I mean). Anyway, this girl was on one of the four seats over the aisle which goes down the centre of the coach. I was wearing black trousers with 4" heel boots. She had a white blouse, short grey skirt, bare tanned legs, and black stiletto pumps, again about 4" heel or just over. She was pretty motionless for a while, but as the journey wore on. I know she saw my boots which I was casually moving to different poses every few minutes. This galvanised her into action. She crossed her legs at the knee and started twiddling her free foot all around moving into different positions and looking down to examine it intently from all angles. Then she started tapping her heel on the floor rubbing her foot against her leg, dangling the shoe or digging the heel into the seat opposite her. During an hour's journey she went through the whole range of shoeplay actions while I responded with displays of my own though less ostentatious than hers. Never was a word spoken yet we both exchanged messages. I got off a couple of stops before her. We swopped glances. I could see she was smiling so I smiled back. Still no word spoken... we didn't need to.

Can we hear YOUR best-ever all-time sighting please, each of you?

It was in September 1986. I was at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup, WA, outside of Seattle. I was at the fair for a weekend. I was at this skateboard exhibitiion when I noticed a girlfriend of one of the skater dudes. She had the long bleach blonde hair, wore a white half shirt, blue jean/denim cut-off shorts, and a pair of 5+" stiletto heel pumps/courts. She walked around the exhibition area with these shoes most of the day. Only a couple of times, she walked around barefoot. A great sight to see.

In 1993, I was attending junior college when I attracted to this very beautiful young woman. She was 18 years old and had reddish-blonde hair. Once a week, she dresses up and wears 4.5" black patent, scalloped-shape stiletto heel pumps. My last semester in school, I took a photography class and wanted her to model for me when she dressed up, but we could never schedule a time together. By this time, she was dating a buddy of mine and I was crushed and distraught. From that moment, I combined my admiration of women in heels and my photography prowess and that is the reason why I wanted to become a fashion photographer.

Dan

It was sometime in 1993 or 1994 in the Crystal City Virginia underground shopping area. This is just outside of Washington D.C. I was walking from the subway system to the commuter train. I went around a corner and lo and behold there was a beautiful woman walking in front of me. She had blue jeans on and a nice blue sweater, and absolutley fantastic 4" high heel thigh high red boots, with a frilly leather top. People walking the opposite way were transfixed by this woman, just as I was. I had a great view. The men were falling all over themselves looking at this woman and her boots. She was having a great tiem with all the attention. Whew! :wink:

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Having only this week set-up this topic, today I was gobsmacked to be confronted with the most amazing and unexpected high-heel spectacle that ranks with my best-ever sightings! I and my two were invited to a wedding this afternoon at Bowden Hall, a very large hotel in lovely grounds on the outskirts of Gloucester (UK). It was a lavish wedding with well over 100 guests, all dressed-up in their very finest. Shoe-wise, it was the best collection of ladies stilettos that I've seen in one place at one time for many a long year. The six bridesmaids were dressed in lilac satin gowns, but their shoes were a puzzle as five of them were in matching lilac blade-heels and the sixth one was in dead flat lilac Mary-Janes. However, the guests' shoes were GREAT. A few slim wedges and blades were in evidence, but I counted at least forty splendid pairs of new-looking stilettos ranging from 2" upwards with many 4" pairs and two 5" winning pairs. At last (thank goodness!) there was not a single ungly, clump pair of 'Pod' style horrors to be seen ANYWHERE! There is a broad, gravel terrace running along the front of the hotel, and the photographer took shots of the whole group posing there in front of the hotel's facade. Then I couldn't believe what happened next!: From the outer edge of this terrace, a very steeply sloping area of grass descends very sharply for about forty yards down to a flatter lawn behind which is a small lake. The photographer beckoned the ENTIRE GATHERING to descend the grassy slope in order to pose in front of the lake. Suddenly I was confronted with the unbelievably awesome sight of dozens of ladies, all in teetering stilettos, all ordered to march straight ahead down this steepest of grassy inclines. It hadn't rained lately, so the ground was bone-hard and instead of sinking-in, their heels stayed ultra-high at the back whilst their toes descending sharply forwards to the slope, pitching all their bodies forwards. As they found themselves forcibly gathering speed, alarm spread on all their faces. Miraculously, none of the ladies actually fell right over. but they were frantically lurching in all directions with heels giving-way, bodies catapulting forward or lurching sideways, and many ladies being forced to break into an involuntary rum down the full length of the slope, to the sound of a chorus of undignified cries and little screams. It immediately reminded me of Lucy's Story No. 11 (currently visible on Jenny's girl's forum), except that today's ladies weren't drunk or sinking into the putting green! Before the foolhardy photographer could take any photographs by the lake, there was much delay and taking on-and-off-ands-peering-at of shoes to check the poor heels for damage and scuffing, plus much rubbing and massaging of feet and ankles! All the many menfolk could do (dressed in their dinner jackets and bow ties) was to stand by and watch it all happen! That runaway uncontrolled helter-skelter-in-a -myrid-of-stilettos cascading down the great long, sloping bank will stick in my mind as a favourite memory for the rest of my life! More sightings please folks! Cheerfully Yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

Come on Folks! Here we are on the world's premier high-heel site visited by you, the World's countless high heel fanatics who are right-now being offered the GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to post here and share with us the ultra-exciting topic of YOUR BEST-EVER ALL-TIME HIGH HEEL SIGHTINGS, and what have we got so far? A TINY handful of replies! Come on Folks, RE-CAPTURE YOUR MOST CHERISHED SIGHTINGS AND ENRICH ALL OUR LIVES! GO FOR IT! Cheers, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

OK, OK!! Many aeons ago, in my young, new-to-business days, I had a desk in a large bullpen, but right on a main aisle. Scads of young girls would walk by wearing stiletto mules on bare feet. They were all the rage for a while. Two of these girls would come over to talk to some of us, and it was impossible to keep my eyes up off their shoes and feet. I even got to follow them a ways towards their apartment (walking distance), walking just behind them. :wink: One other time, I attended a pre-release screening of a new movie at a studio. A girl just across the aisle was wearing high heeled stiletto thongs. Another :D Just a few weeks ago, I saw a girl in the grocery store who was wearing those 6" clear platform stiletto slides. :o

OK, here's another I was working at the Library of Congress doing some computer work. My project manager, with whom I went to High School with, came in one day wearing a red dress and killer red pumps with about 4" heels. My tougue hit the floor and I couldn't keep my eyes off them. My co-worker had to admonish me. I still think about those shoes.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

It's not easy to post in this category, I'm not a watcher, I'm a wearer. I take note of other women who can wear the heels, but I do not focus on them or remember the shoes. It's more about jealousy, wishing I had the money to have a pair like that in my closet. That sort of thing.

Ok Laurie, we understand! Maybe the answer is that one of these days YOU can arrange to be the subject by venturing out your most sensational high heels (or a good excuse to get some new ones especially!) and arrange for someone ELSE (may be Chris or a mutual friend) to do the sighting and post it on this topic-board for our enjoyment! Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Which one to select. Wow! This is a good thread. I'll use my first sighting ever. I was only about 5 years old (this would make it about 1968). My grandfather had died and my parents felt that I was a bit too young to be at the funeral and all (they were probably right), and I stayed with my mom's best friend. She had taken me to church on this Sunday. This was a time when people still dressed for church. There was one lady there with high spike heels (they were about 3 inches high, I seem to remember). It was after church and the parishoners had gathered in front of the church to talk. This lady was standing on the grass talking to a few poeple. What I noticed most was that she did not try to stop her heels from sinking into the grass. She'd shift her position and just let her heels sink away. No one else's shoes were sinking, even the wider heels. By the time everyone had finished talking, the place where this lady had been standing was riddled with holes and gouges. She didn't even seem to care the damage she had left behind. It was incredible the power she had demonstrated. Ever since then, I have loved the look of high thin heels, especially when they leave their mark. :wink: sinkem

Nice story sinkem, I suppose an early expereince like that can leave it's mark on you too even if you only watching. I can't decide if I like being a wearer or a watcher more. I think if it came down to it I'd be a wearer because I really like collecting shoes and wearing them. I'm always on the look out for the ultimate quality heel sighting though and I've come to the conclusion it's likely to be a fellow shoe wearer fan, who knows what she is doing, like the girl I described in the train.

Personally, I get absolutely equal and very great pleasure both from wearing and watching. I'd hate to give-up either! Anyway, come on all you watchers - more of your GREAT SIGHTINGS please! Cheers, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

My all time favorite has to be the three consecutive days I was privelaged to have watched Dolly Parton work on a film. Gosh, just thinking of her and her skyscraper heels brings back such pleasant memories.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I'd have given away family fortunes to have been in your shoes (even, yes even if they were flatties!) to watch Dolly Parton skyscraper-heeling it to-and-fro on a fil set for three whole days! Can you remember what the film was? If it was 'Straight Talk', it has already got pride-of-place in my video collection and I extoll it's virtues at every opportunity in these forums. If you can recall it as another title, please let us all know and we'll all be plaguing our local video film suppliers! Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

....Can you remember what the film was? If it was 'Straight Talk', it has already got pride-of-place in my video collection and I extoll it's virtues at every opportunity in these forums....

Yes it was "Straight Talk". I also own a copy of the video. I bought it only for one reason --- the high heeled Dolly.

Remember the scenes in the movie where she was interviewed on a television talk show? I was in the audience section of that studio watching her closely.

But you know what the best part was? During some of the longer breaks (a pause in shooting), Dolly would walk back to her trailer for whatever reason. Then just before they resumed filming, many of us would line up along the path she would have to take to return to the set. As she walked past us, she would smile at each one of us. You could tell by the look on her face she knew why we were all lined up. :wink:

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Thank you for replying PJ. Yes, from my many playings of it, every second of Dolly's scenes (I always fast forward the rest!) is indelibly etched in my mind, and I certainly recall the interview! I love the way she saucily 'Catwalk flips' her stilettos at the end of each stride (they even included a close-up sequence of her purple shoes doing this). It made me wonder whether she always uses her heels like this, or whether she normally walks with her heels staying vertical, but turned the flipping on especially to spice-up 'Straight Talk" a bit more - if you have any comments on that, I'd be interested to hear! I'm so envious of your first-hand experience of seeing Dolly doing it all! No wonder you chose it to post it under this particular topic "My Best-Ever High Heel Sighting!" - Fantastic stuff! Cheerfully (and enviously) yours, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

• 3 weeks later...

Come on everyone - what's the MATTER with you? I set up this 'My Best Ever High Heel Sightings' topic for you, the world's keenest heel fanatics to post all your amazing sightings, and what has happened lately? .... NOTHING!.... One big Zilch! You've all petered out! Do I have to prod you all with a big stick? .... HUH? .... Call yourselves enthusiasts? Maybe you need some tips and pointers. Well, for the budding UK sighters, some tips from the Streetheels site: "Sean" advocates trying Manchester city centre, particularly around St. Anne's Square and King Street (for the daytime office workers in heels). "Jack" recommends Liverpool - the bank ATM's, and churches on /Saturdays when wedding parties are just leaving. He says dress smartly and photograph all the high-heel wearers - the bride and groom's families will each think you belong to the other side! For Londoners, I reckon hang around Liverpool Street Station between 4.30pm and 6pm when all the 'City' secretaries from the big financial institutions come flocking home in their great stilettos. For the UKs West Country, treat yourselves to some evenings in my home City of Bristol. Wander about in the city centre near the Hippodrome Theatre between 9pm and 2am on any Friday or Saturday night and you'll be treated to a FEAST of pubbers' and clubbers' great high heels of all descriptions! NOW! Do any of you from the States or Europe or any other countries have any tips for your fellow countrymen and women on 'hot' sites for high-heel spotting in your localities? Finally - don't just enjoy some great heel-spotting, but post into this topic board and TELL US ALL ABOUT IT! WE'RE AGOG FOR YOUR BEST EVER SIGHTINGS! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Come on Michael let's have SOMETHING from you! Even a censored/expurgated/abridged/homogenised vesion would be better than no version at all. (Wouldn't it?). We're only taling about sightings aren't we? Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

I have a couple of sightings from the Manchester area. The best one was three teenage girls, about 17, walking down Market Street. Two of them had on those flat sandals that tie up the leg (is the a name for these?). But the third was wearing a pair of flowery sandals with a stiletto heel that looked over four inches high. She was walking very carefully but she seemed be doing ok in them. I've seen these sandals in Schuh so I'll see if I can find a pic on their website to post. The second was a girl waiting for a bus at Cannon Street. She was wearing a pair of light blue court shoes about three inches high. The heel wasn't a stiletto but it was quite thin. We both got on the same bus and she sat down opposite me and one seat down so I was able to get a good look at her shoes :lol: The third sighting was last Friday in a pub in Bury. It was early evening so the pub was still quiet. A group of women came in and sat at a table next to mine. There were five of them aged around forty. Three were wearing low heels, one had on a pair of mules with a thick heel about three inches high. The fifth was wearing a pair of black stiletto court shoes that looked to be four inches high. She caught my eye as they came into the pub as she was obviously having a hard time walking. I was with a friend so I wasn't able to get much of a look, but after about half an hour they started talking about fashion. One mentioned something about high heels, which was when the woman in the stilettos complained about her shoes. As she was sat practically next to me I was able to listen without looking nosey. From what I heard she doesn't wear heels much and these shoes were ones she hadn't worn in years. Apparently these were ones she had bought in the 80's. She was laughing about how she had worn stilettos almost every day and been able to walk in them. They spent about five minutes tallking about heels before the subject changed. Well thats the lot for now, sorry it went on for so long!

Thought I would add my 50p's worth! I went to the shopping mall on Sunday and was just walking through the underground car park to the mall nicely clicking along in my stiletto ankle boots ( :lol: ) when I saw a very attractive brown-haired girl, about 21ish about 20 feet in front of me. Naturally, I glanced down to see what shoes she was wearing and to my utter amazement, my eyes were greeted to the sight of a pair of baby pink stiletto pumps with needle-thin heels which I would estimate to be between 5 1/2 and 6 inches high!. I immediately slowed my walking pace down as at my current speed I would pass her in a few seconds. Despite the height of her shoes, she was walking very easily so it was obvious that she was a seasoned heel-wearer! I followed her up the stairs about 10 feet or so behind so I could get a good look at her shoes and I wish I had remembered that I have a camera phone because her shoes were devastatingly sexy! They were metal-tipped as well so they made a lovely tap-tapping sound on the smooth tiled floor! Anyway, I thought I'd better pass her as I might have been done for loitering! Believe me, I had to have a sit-down to recover! Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

• 2 months later...

Best ever? I've given this some thought since this thread was started but the clear winner is the following sighting... It was the late 80's (probably '88, based on where I was and why I was there). I was queuing for a choccie bar at Richmond mainline BR station when I happened to glance across at the queue for the ticket office. Standing in the queue was a woman wearing the most stunning pair of black court shoes. I had a side-on view and, based on the angle of her feet, the shoes must have had a 6" heel. What struck me about her, apart from the shoes, was that she was wearing a dark business suit with a skirt that finished just below the knee. Very elegant, extremely sexy and a million miles away from being tarty. I reached the front of my queue, bought my choccie bar and walked to my train. While I was sitting there, thinking how wonderful she was, I saw her walking alongside the train. You wouldn't have known she was wearing 6" heels from the way she walked, no staggering or teetering, just perfect. To my surprise she got into the same carriage I was in and sat down around 5 metres from me. Being around 8am the train was packed and I could just about see her shoes from where I was. I don't think I took my eyes off them all the way to Hammersmith, where I (unfortunately) had to get off. I went on the same train for weeks until the project ended but I never saw her again. Happy memories :-) Zathrus