charity walks

blender

There seems to be a lot of charity walks like walk a mile in her shoes or the white ribbon campaign. Do you think that these sort of charity walks are a good way of getting people used to the idea of men in heels/subtly promote the wearing of heels or do you think that it is just going to remain a novel way to raise money for charities.

I have participated in "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" and I will tell you that I was the only male high heeler in the group. The other males thought that this was a great stunt for charity, etc. As they cannot even attempt to walk properly, it is a great lark, lots of laughs, etc. especially among the men that know each other.

These events will not mainstream men's high heeling.

It's all about the heel!

I have been reading about the walk a mile in her shoes event and it seems to me the whole point is to sympathize with the difficulties women face in their lives involving violence and using heels as a way of saying "look this is hard and painful". So in the end I would think the indirect message would be more like "you don't want to walk in heels because it is hard". While I agree with Bootking that these events do nothing to promote men in heels I would still participate in them because there really is no reason for women to suffer violence, of any kind. Wearing heels here is a plus :smile:

Blender, the other participants (mostly men and some women (photographers, girlfriends) were all wearing heels; it's just that none of the men had ever worn heels before and were in various degrees of pain and discomfort - or, on the other hand, laughter!

Tiffany has it correctly; the idea is to sympathize with the battered/abused women's plight. He is also right that the subliminal message is simply this; no, heels hurt and you don't want to wear them too.

I was going to participate in another WAMIHS walk on on 4/18 in Connecticut but I have date conflicts.

It's all about the heel!

On Feb. 28 the AzShoeNut and I participated in a Charity Heal for Heels Walk. We were the only males among what seemed like hundreds of women. Both of us wore heels and were well received. We got many compliments on how well we were able to walk in heels. The overall response was very positive and we are looking forward to doing it again. It was a fun experience.

Bootking when you said that you were the only male heeler I took it as being that you were the only male that was wearing them a bit of crossed wires there I think:oops: Tiffany I realise that its about violence to women but I thought bootking was the only one wearing heels :smile:

I was going to participate in a "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event in a neighboring state (wouldn't have been that much of a drive for me to get there), but I had a work/schedule conflict. On the evening news the event was covered, and there were some men who appreciated what the theme of the walk stood for and expressed that walking in high heels emphasized to them the plight that women endure as far as sexual violence and discrimination. Unfortunately most of the men, and sadly many women, focussed on some of the men just trying to walk in high heels and what they looked like wearing high heels. I don't know if this particular walk accomplished the theme of the walk or especially promoting the idea of seeing men wearing high heels in public as common place.

The walks focus on the plight of women and the awkwardness or problems of men trying to walk in the heels; in a way, it's something of a parody or comedy on the men; almost a humbling act.

It's all about the heel!

It's just a goofy way to raise money for great causes that have nothing to do with our "cause"... Now if by some chance I had the opprotunity to participate, I would, with style....and who knows...Somebody might think twice about guys in heels as more than being a "goof"..:smile:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

We need to take a stand and do it everyday with out looking like a freak rather it's for charity or not. Charity walks are okay but the sad part is when we're done doing our yearly deed no one could care less about us guys the next day rather we're wearing heels or not!

For me you have hit the nail on the head

Now if by some chance I had the opportunity to participate, I would, with style....and who knows...Somebody might think twice about guys in heels as more than being a "goof"..:smile:

if its done with style and not looking like you have got dressed in the dark then maybe a different image can be shown to people.

Aren't we all against the abusiveness and sexual exploitation of women and children anyway. We don't have to wait for a staged cause. We can be proactive and give ourselves permission to wear heels any time and still stand for the same causes. Let those who have to get permission to be themselves find their benefactor and get on with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about participating in a "walk in her shoes" later this month. However, I am debating if this is really an appropriate place for me to go to. Yes, of course I support the message and the general idea of the walk, to make a statement against violence to women. On the other hand, just because of this, I feel a bit weird to go to such an event mainly for the purpose of being finally able to walk in heels openly as all others there do, too. So, I would go there as a pleasure for myself as the primary reason and then second for the actual purpose of the walk, which I of course support. Ever thought of this aspect of the whole thing?

heelma and anyone else who wishes to heel in organized events to present their displeasure or intollerance for the abusive behavior against women, These are good causes and if there is any way we can support such causes we should do so. The fact that we as heelers would gain personal satisfaction is definitely a bonus, but don't let this fact deter your worthwhile support for the activity that brings out the fact that many women are being abused and violated by people who are uncaring and who won't control their whimsical animalistic urges to injure another human being just because they can. So wear your heels with pride and bring the attention to these very good causes and hopefully somebody won't have to experience such abuse because of your participation.

I have completed a high heel charity event where i walked 5 miles in a pair of 7.5'' heels. if i had not been wearing heels what attention would i have got? NONE is the answer. im also going to be doing a 10 mile walk in august. the idea of high heels was to get as much attention as possible. 5 miles is not far if you are fit but put on some heels and its a different kettle of fish. especially if like me you had never worn heels before. any woman will tell you how hard my black heels are to walk in and believe me its impossible to cover that sort of distance without the odd trip or two...or three:smile::):smile: the message is that if you want to do something different then a pair of heels are the way to go. just be careful. while you are at it have a look at a picture of me ...you dont have to tell me that im no looker. a mini skirt, leggings and stockings are not my style:smile::P:smile::sad::smile:

post-17818-133522912132_thumb.jpg