Doctors aint always as dumb as they make it look like.

Leigh

Well the title says most of this so il just go straight to it. I had a minor acident yesterday while doing some activity not to be mentioned on this board wich resulted in a foot injury. Nothing broken though just cant walk on it for a few weeks. And since its my regular doctor he knows my passion for heels mainly because hes wife works at my favorite shoe store. He then told that i had to lay of heels for while for my foot to recover other wise il risk permanent injurie. Smart as i am ( self confidence never hurt anybody ) i asked how bad it would be walking in heels when i can start using that foot again and he said it was most likely to do permanent damage to my ankle. So the question now was how long id have to stay of heels after and he said until my foot is normal again and all the pain is gone. So okay we have now come to the conclusion that i cant wear heels for while after i can use my foot again "BUT" while i cant use and is forced to hump around on 1 foot with a pair of stilts i can wear my heels as it wont cause any problems to the bad foot since its just gone be hanging :smile: Bad thing is though i havent been wearing flats for several years so cant do very long at a time unless it starts to hurt:mecry:and this i offcourse discused with the doctor and then came the reply i hadent expected he said "Well you can just use the stilts a week or 2 longer and then slowly start using the foot and keep the heels on" and then its all good:smile: I dont know if stilts is the right word for it but dunno the right so had to write something. Love you all and keep heeling. Leigh.

Well the title says most of this so il just go straight to it.

I had a minor acident yesterday while doing some activity not to be mentioned on this board wich resulted in a foot injury. Nothing broken though just cant walk on it for a few weeks. And since its my regular doctor he knows my passion for heels mainly because hes wife works at my favorite shoe store. He then told that i had to lay of heels for while for my foot to recover other wise il risk permanent injurie. Smart as i am ( self confidence never hurt anybody ) i asked how bad it would be walking in heels when i can start using that foot again and he said it was most likely to do permanent damage to my ankle. So the question now was how long id have to stay of heels after and he said until my foot is normal again and all the pain is gone. So okay we have now come to the conclusion that i cant wear heels for while after i can use my foot again "BUT" while i cant use and is forced to hump around on 1 foot with a pair of stilts i can wear my heels as it wont cause any problems to the bad foot since its just gone be hanging :smile: Bad thing is though i havent been wearing flats for several years so cant do very long at a time unless it starts to hurt:mecry:and this i offcourse discused with the doctor and then came the reply i hadent expected he said "Well you can just use the stilts a week or 2 longer and then slowly start using the foot and keep the heels on" and then its all good:smile:

I dont know if stilts is the right word for it but dunno the right so had to write something.

Love you all and keep heeling. Leigh.

Leigh, you've made me VERY curious as to your activity but hope you are off your "crutches" soon. My ex-wife also complained that she couldn't wear flat shoes. For her a "flat" had a 2 inch heel. (But then she was only4'11" so she needed it).

Leigh, I can kind of understand your frustration in not being able to wear your heels. A number of years ago, I also had a bad foot injury and couldn't even stand on my foot for quite a long time. The injury was severe enough that I lost most of the agility of my foot, as it was put into a cast. After the cast came off, I couldn't pivot my foot sideways and the up and down movement was limited to about 60%. It hurt to stand on it at all. My doctor said he thought I'd be stuck with this disability for the rest of my life. However, being the heeling trooper I am, the 4.5" stilettos were put back on. For the first little while, they were just foot coverings, because I couldn't directly stand in them without crutches, but the view of them was comforting and therapeutic. I was determined to walk normally in heels again, inspite of the doctors foresight. Well, leaving a lot of the interum stuff to your imaginations, I have restored most of the ability. There are still times I have to watch what I'm doing, because my ankle doesn't let me rotate my foot from side to side as it did before the injury, but because I wore my heels, the disability rating is now within the 5% range of immobility. That means standing straight and tall is harder while I'm wearing my 6" heels, but I hope to remedy that as time proceeds. So, I'm sure your rehabing will go well, and you'll be a full pledged heeler again, that's if I haven't bored you too much. Just don't push it before your ready. I had to wait some times for my body to catch up after I exceeded its limits. I was a bit impatient and I was forced to learn that all things have a process of improvement. Knowing the best thing to do at the right time is imprecise, but the key is to never let it be never. Besides, what is a day with out a challenge, just another day.

Leigh:-) Follow your doctor's orders implicitly and let your body heal in its own time. Your young and can heel for many years to come if you are patient right now and let things be as they will be. Heal quickly. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!