Peterborough shops

keels

I was there recently and there's a good street leading north from the city centre (Lincoln road ?) with some nice charity shops. However, the main shopping mall is "Queensgate" which I didn't get to ( http://www.htdl.co.uk/queensgate/ ) and that boasts Barrats, Clarks, Ravel, John Lewis, BHS , and sole trader. Not a great selection, but there's probably more in the town centre an also in the Queensgate in other stores eg Faith in Topshop, 21-23 Queensgate Centre.

Hmmm. Barratts and Ravel and Faith should keep you busy for a little while.

Ravel seem to have closed down in a number of towns over the last few years. I know of several that have gone. Same with Dolcis.

Yes, sadly Bristol has suffered from the closure of Ravel and one or two other similar shops. I am very sorry to have to say it, but I think they are being squeezed on the one hand by the changing public demand in recent times for shops doing oceans and oceans of cheap trainers, and on the other hand, competition from the Hypermarkets-selling-millions-of-cheaply-produced-shoes like Brantano. Quality is being driven out by (cheap) quantity! Can't we interest you in attending the group's next Heelmeet at Oxord on 12th July 2003 for a fun shopping, chatting, eating and pubbling day. (Much nearer for you than Peterborough!). Cheers, Heelfan