Heels on the Rocks

It is a wonderful contrasting shot. The terrain is rough, seemingly dangerous, very much nature on display. And then, we have the shoes, a symbol of urban women, standing atop this bit of nature. In a way, it shows how the world of humans can overtake nature. There is symbolism to it. Of course, it just looks cool to see the contrast between the two aspects, and it is different, thus, interesting.

I particularly like pics of showing confidence in heels. Don't let a bunch of rocks get in the way of wearing what you want. Go for it! OK, so I don't believe all those models walked to the site in them, but that doesn't show :wink: What about your picture, Joak?

I thought about it when I was in Cornwall several years ago. Sadly, I didn't have any heels (or an understanding partner, or any confidence). Damn, another wasted opportunity.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well, for walking on such a ground, you really need all your ankle muscles! For short time it's OK for me - but after a longer period my muscles would become tired and then, there would be a high risk for my ankle... So the most of the way in the montains I was bot wearing any high heels! best wishes Joak

So the most of the way in the montains I was bot wearing any high heels!

Time for a new rule: "If I can't do it in heels, I'm not doing it!" :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I like your rule! It's one of mine already. Wearing the heels is no big deal at all - just an extension to your normal day to day life. As long as it's treated that way and you get on with everything, life becomes easy and happy! (wow! That was deep wasn't it?)

What is an EPM? Well the rule "If I can't do it in heels, I'm not doing it!", is nice! But at some places, I know that I can handle heels for short time only :D Yes, I know should look for some high-heeled hiking boots :wink: best wishes Joak

Joak has some neat pictures of him wearing heels in different outdoor environments. I like the series where he wears them on vacation. Especially the shots of heels in the castle.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What is an EPM?

Oh, oops. "EPM" = Evil Pay Master, or 'employer'. It's a running joke me and some of my old University friends came up with.

Well the rule "If I can't do it in heels, I'm not doing it!", is nice!

But at some places, I know that I can handle heels for short time only :o

Thanks! It really started as a 'funny five minutes' thing, tho'.

Oh, and don't stay in those places for very long then!

Yes, I know should look for some high-heeled hiking boots :D

I'm looking for some high-heeled trainers. If I find some, I might start going to the gym again. Or at least drag my bicycle out of the garage and go for a pedal :wink: