A Great Week Part II - Charity Fun Walk

AZShoeNut

Howdy, So as I posted in an earlier post about having coffee with KFSteve391 in high heels for the first time, it was really a wild week. Just a few days after coffee Steve and I had both signed up to participate in a fund raiser fun walk in high heels. This experience was incredible as well. Steve told me about the fund raiser a week or two before it was supposed to occur. I thought what a great idea and I bet my wife will join us. Well regarding the wife joining us I was wrong. It actually spurred us into a very substantial conversation about the subject. Now my wife has always been very supportive me wearing heels in private however I have suspected that this support would not spill over into public experiences of high heels. This walk turned into a situation where public heeling would be very real and my wife finally had to express her reservations. I initially decided to pass on the fun walk however as the days progressed my wife and I continued to discuss and share feelings on the whole high heel subject. Having a greater experience of high heels really clashed with my wife’s need to not be in the spotlight. After enough conversation we agreed that though I would like her to join me in public high heel experiences that I did not absolutely need her to be there and she chose to support me in going on my own without objecting to the possibility that I may run into people we know. Okay so with the issues surrounding high heels with my wife resolved I signed up to join Steve in the walk just two days before it was to happen. I know that Steve did not want to be the only guy at the event so it felt good to be able to support him in that respect not to mention the fact that it would be another morning with several hours in high heels. Once we got to the Hotel where it took place and parked it was time to get out of the car and walk in. It was a rainy day in Phoenix and we had to walk through puddles to get to the door. We were greeted by some teenage boys holding up a sign for the event. You could tell that they wanted to say more about our footwear and didn’t and they just directed us to where the registration was taking place and we walked up a long corridor to the lobby. Again, hotel staff and others could totally see we were wearing high heels but nobody said a thing. By now I was quite relaxed and enjoying the walk. So, we could hear the event around a corner and the real moment of truth was about to occur. Were we going to be accepted at this event or were we going to be the oddballs with a bunch a gals? Within a few seconds of rounding the last corner a shout from a younger gal of, “Oh my God that is SOOO Awesome,” gave clue that we were going to be a hit. You know the memory of Steve and my self walking up the main hallway to the registration table is almost a blur. We were stopped several times along the way to answer questions and chat about how cool it was that a couple guys wearing high heels were a part of the event. After we finished registering and getting our “race” bib we just lounged around and chatted until they started a continental breakfast. There were many very attractive ladies all of whom were out in their favorite pairs of heels and many of them gave us kudos for being there. So during the breakfast they had a best pair of heels contest. All of the gals around us really urged us to participate. The pants I was wearing covered a great deal of my shoes and as I stood up to go walk before the judges another lady insisted on rolling up my pant legs. I think that Steve will agree that it was a real trip walking in front of a room full of about 150 – 200 women in high heels. They all cheered, hooted, and hollered and the gal on the microphone even pointed out that, “These guys walk better than I do in heels.” While saying thanks to the hotel and other sponsors for the event the orchestrator even thanked us for coming out in our heels – that was cool. And as the morning progressed and we walked the circumference of a ball room (the rain kept us off the original .25 mile course) we were stopped for many photo shoots and the frequent question of how did you get so good in heels. Steve had no problem saying that he wears them all the time and I kind of just got to where I let him answer that question. They really got a kick out of Steve’s pink and white wedges and my black pumps (the ones in my avatar). Most gals know that if we are walking in heels like that that we did not just start that day and they were all cool with it. In just a couple hours there are so many memories to recall and I know that I have probably written two posts that are way too big to post but I just really want to share what an awesome week it was. Again I also want to share gratitude to Steve for suggesting this event and for being a great guy to head out and about in heels with. Also thanks to all you guys here at HHPlace that share your stories of positive experiences. It sure helped me to take these big steps. Later, Larry P.S. You know, if you are in the Phoenix area, Steve and I are talking about putting a group together. If you are around please send Steve or me a PM and we’ll see what we can put together. With work and school for me it is probably better for you to PM Steve. This could be great.

post-831-133522907791_thumb.jpg

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Hey guys sounds like you had the time of your lives at that event & probably goes to prove that ladies are cool with guys wearing heels if they want to . If anybody wants to read my latest adventure check out it's all happening in the real life meetings section sorry to hijack the thread cheers malinheels :smile: