Modifying Ballet boots

cheyenne

I've seen all the advice on modifying the heels of the Pleaser ballets. I have a pair and of course the heel is just a bit too long. My question though is this: has anyone thought to adding a small platform to the toe rather than cutting the heel to even them out? If so could you give some details to the process.

Thought about it, but instead cut the heel about 3/8-1/2" shorter. I did this about 2 weeks ago and can now walk around in them SO much easier. One reason I did not add the platform is the fact that I wanted the boots to look unmodified, and felt that an added platform would probably look like a hack job since I do plan on wearing them out to fetish parties this year. We'll see how that goes in May. search down a bit, there's another thread about adding the platform. no pics right now, but the mod is pretty much undetectable and for the most part flawless. Besides, the heel should have been made this length in the first place!

I had no real problem cutting the heels of my bboots 3/8" shorter at first before I decided to modify them with the fiberglass gusset and heel combo. It wasn't that big of a deal if your carefull to fold the leather cover back out of the way and cut the steel heel off, re-drill the pin hole deeper and replace the leather and heel tip. Getting the heel tip off was a bit tricky but some gentle upward pressure with a thin screwdriver and a bit of twisting the tip with a pair of plires was all it took. I also thought of adding some material to the toe as mentioned but thought it would change the look of the boots . The ballet point shoe look of the boots is what it's all about for me. I know the gusset sort of detracts from this look but not that much. I really like what Pata did to her bboots with the ultra slinder steel heel it almost disapears when she walks in them. Another note I have walked in my boots to where I have woren the orig. heel tip down to the steel pin so I replaced the tips with some tips I was able to take off a pair of shoes I bought from a re sale shop. All I did was cut the heels off above the steel pin and take a punch and drive the pin/tip out of the cut off heel and drive it into my bboot heels and sand the heel tip to the shape of my heels and now I have new heel tips. Dr Who 3