Hi from Spikester

Hi All Just a quick post to say hello and thank you to all posters for your encouragement. And a message to anyone building up the courage to go public . . . I'm not a regular heeler or dresser (wife doesn't approve, potential embarrassment for school-age children etc) BUT in the last couple of years I have got out a few times. My chosen look is basically male - jeans etc - but with clearly visible 4.5 inch heels. This takes me up to 6 foot 4. Add a chin-length bob and hoop earrings and you've got a mix pretty likely to attract attention. So far I haven't had a single adverse comment. True, I may have missed the odd double-take or hard stare but I usually try and pay attention to what's going on around me: I really don't think people are that fussed (At least in central or suburban London). I've also spent a couple of hours in the West End (of London) wearing flat pumps - the ones that look a bit like ballet shoes, you know? - skinny jeans and garishly patterned tights (black against cerise floral, if you're interested). Again, no reaction at all. From anybody. Pubs will serve you. Shoe-shops will welcome you. Other shoe-shoppers don't seem to mind. I'm not sure that hanging around near a football stadium or your local sink school would necessarily be wise (years back, I used to trannie up quite provocatively and it was always the group mind that generated the verbals). People in the street either don't notice heeling or do but don't disapprove strongly enough to mention it. Point: With a little common-sense about where you go and when, street-heeling is good fun and (in my experience) the biggest risk is the occasional blister. Enjoy! I won't be a regular poster - busy life - but good luck to all of you, however many steps you've taken, and wherever your journey leads you. Oh, and . . . I've got a couple of pairs of shoes (in 40/41) going spare. Nothing special, and I'm certainly not expecting any money for them, but it'd be nice to pass them on to a fellow-heeler. Piccies due later this week. Posting up an advert wouldn't violate board etiquette would it? Spikester

Welcome to hhplace, Spikester :pulsingheart: Very encouraging post. The entire substance just re-enforces the many other postings that have come before. Hope you make hhplace a regular stop during your browsing sessions. :blinkbigeyes:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.