Leading your offspring.

Histiletto

Well, I have all girls, so it won't be unusal for them to wear heels at all. But what is interesting is I have a brother that is 5 years older than me. He has epilepsy and lives in a group home in PA as his condition is extremely severe. My other brothers tell me he buys women's clothing (bras, dresses, heels, makeup, wigs, etc) and wear them around his room all the time. I've never told anyone in my family about my passion for heels (trust me, my two older brothers are very prejudice and would say something wise so why say anything at all). I don't do anything beyond shoes, but I did think it was odd that he and I seem to have similiar fashions, atleast as far as heels goes.

sscotty727, I don't know the condition of your epileptic brother, but it seams he is only acting on his desires, much like anyone else. Society may have decided what they want us to be like, but we know who we are and what motivates us into action.

sscotty727,

I don't know the condition of your epileptic brother, but it seams he is only acting on his desires, much like anyone else. Society may have decided what they want us to be like, but we know who we are and what motivates us into action.

My brothers make fun of him, which is why I know they would me too. I don't have a problem with him doing it and the group home doesn't either. They let him spend his money and get it, but it can't parade around the house like that. I guess they have people that are mentally challanged there as well and don't want to have to explain it to them I guess. Atleast they let him express it somehow.

On the outside he looks mentally challanged. Very thin, doesn't talk clear, always shaky walking and talking. But inside he is sharp as a whip. Its a physical things not a mental thing, but with his condition he can never live on his own. He has as normal a life as he can, he has friends that live there and he has responsibilities around the house and even does some cooking, so it's not a horrible life, considering where he would have been 30/40 years ago.

I don't think others in my families feel the same way about high heels the way I do. My daughters wear high heels but my son's don't wear high heel footwear of any type. My families know how I feel about high heels and they are supportive of my feelings and opinions.

I'm the only one on my side of the family that got into wearing high heels for some reason or other as all of the other females wore oxfords with either a 1.5" or a 2" heel. Maybe that is why I don't consider oxfords to this day no matter the heel height. To me the heels that I wore were much more stylish by far to me. None of the males wore heels, not even cowboy boots or cuban heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!