Are Female Feet Getting Bigger?

Dr. Shoe

I'd also recommend Avenue. Their selection isn't nearly as large as Payless, but their 13W (never saw a WW) definitely will fit a man's size 13 foot. And their prices are definitely Payless-type: nothing lists over $50

Agreed i have a couple of pairs of their Skye concealed platform round toe booties and they are very generously sized so much so i can easily go down a size from normal with room to spare and they are very well made as well as inexpensive. As a Brit buying reasonably priced shoes from the US, payless was my only option but Avenue are a great viable option.

BTW only upto 11W in the grey and 12W in the brown available now, bargain at $25.00

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Skye-Platform-Bootie-Wide-Width.aspx?PfId=183330&DeptId=19980&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

If someone has not already mentioned this in previous posts.....genetics! I could understand weight variations and obesity contributing to a given amount of size varience. As everyone should know, our feet are bigger at the end of the day from just being on them for the duration. Curiously enough, the last five women I have dated had all been of german decendence as myself, here in the US. All no matter the height (from 5'2 to 5'10) had us size 8 and up.....5'2 was size 9.5. Needless to say their brothers couldn't fit through standard doors sideways. Big Dudes!! Some other gals that had dated of other nationalities: greek, cyrian, italian, irish, and so forth also had a wide range of sizes but usually under size 8 us. So.......add the mingling of cultures over the years and whala.....heterosis. I think......more woman no matter what there size, are into the styles now and being less concious of their larger, beautiful sizes. I can remember Gretchen didn't like to wear shoes that might attract attention to her size 9 feet. I explained, "well, lets put you in a much higher heel to make them look smaller.......yea." And of course, wear them much more often. PS: promoting the use of high heels for over 25 years....and still hard at it!!!!!!!!:blinkbigeyes:

Agreed i have a couple of pairs of their Skye concealed platform round toe booties and they are very generously sized so much so i can easily go down a size from normal with room to spare and they are very well made as well as inexpensive. As a Brit buying reasonably priced shoes from the US, payless was my only option but Avenue are a great viable option.

BTW only upto 11W in the grey and 12W in the brown available now, bargain at $25.00

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Skye-Platform-Bootie-Wide-Width.aspx?PfId=183330&DeptId=19980&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

You bought 'em too, eh? I got me a pair in brown 13W, and absolutely LOVE 'em! They remind me quite a bit of last year's Payless Twist Bootine, but have a slight platform that makes them even better, so naturally I just had to have some.

Avenue.com is definitely one of my favorites now.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

You bought 'em too, eh? I got me a pair in brown 13W, and absolutely LOVE 'em! They remind me quite a bit of last year's Payless Twist Bootine, but have a slight platform that makes them even better, so naturally I just had to have some.

Avenue.com is definitely one of my favorites now.

For comparison, here's a picture of the Twist Bootine:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ShockQueen/shooz1/bootine.jpg

I have a pair of them (in black). From my previous review of them: "They are advertised as have a 3 1/2" heel; I measured 3 3/4" (on a size 13M size).

For comparison, here's a picture of the Twist Bootine:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ShockQueen/shooz1/bootine.jpg

I have a pair of them (in black). From my previous review of them: "They are advertised as have a 3 1/2" heel; I measured 3 3/4" (on a size 13M size).

Funnily enough i have 3 pairs of these too (1 in grey and 2 in black )and yes they look very similar if you take the platform into account, just as comfortable i love them!

Incidentally my friend (who is also a forum member here) who gets all my US sourced shoes and boots has a pair of 13w Skye booties currently for sale on ebay in a dark brown. (Sorry if it should be in the for sale section - but this is for info and not my financial gain also this size is now sold out at avenue).

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!