Meadowhall Meeting (Sheffield, UK)

Firefox

Well, we've threatened to do it so lets's go! Just to prove we do venture North of Watford occasionally, we 're thinking of meeting up in Sheffield. For those of you who don't know, Meadowhall is a big shopping centre just off the M1. I would imagine you could reach it from most parts of the Uk in 3 hours or under, so no excuses that it's too far from where you live. Post dates when you might be able to make it. Most Saturdays are OK by me but there's not a huge amount of booted fashion available at the moment though I'm not too fussy about that.

I'm up for it, but a Sunday is easier than a Saturday for me. Oh, and lifts from parts of the Midlands are an option!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Erm... bit close. (Warning - dates in calendar are closer than they appear). I need to arrange childcare, and the 14th is my brother's birthday. Can I suggest the 22nd or the 29th?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Hi, Yam, Des (?) from the other board gets back from hols on the 28th. Yes, I will book 29th in the diary if this works for everybody else. Can't make the next weekend ..... Beltring military vehicle rally ! Xa

Isn't it always difficult to find a mutually convenient time to meet? My best day (of those proposed) would have been Sunday 29th June. However, Firefox can't do Sundays at present, and Saturday 28th is pretty impossible for me to get to Sheffield from down South. Unless we meet on 29th without Firefox (which would be a great shame being my first time and all), is Saturday 12th July pushing things back too far for everyone?

Onwards and upwards!

Don't worry too much about me, you have a good time! I'm being quite slack at the moment. I missed the last one too. If Sunday is better for everyone, I'll try and make it if I can, as it would be nice to see new people. The only thing I will say about Sundays in general is that shopping tends to be much more limited and things close earlier even in Malls so it is not a very good day to choose, but needs must sometimes :wink:

The Meadowhall idea seems to be dwindling down to one or two people due to lack of a mutually convenient date, and it's a shame for Firefox to miss this meet as well. Before you finalise Meadowhall with so few of you remaining, can I suggest a more optimistic alternative?: Note that a few topic-headings down from this one is 'Suggestions for the British Group members'. Various members were trying for a meet in Bristol or Swindon or Oxford, but negotiations appeared to fizzle-out in January 2003. I must admit, Bristol would be great for me personally, but with the whole UK fraternity in mind, wouldn't a transfer to somewhere central to the UK like Oxford stand the best chance of attracting a worthwhile crowd? For a start, it might scoop-up those more Southern members, whilst, I hope, still being accessible to those further North. Also, Firefox was enthusiastic about Oxford ('Nice pubs there'). To give a chance for re-planning and more attenders, could we push the meet date back a bit to about Saturday 12th July or Sunday 13th July (except Sundays aren't good for Firefox)??

Onwards and upwards!

Your flexibility is as great as the toestraps on my favourite mules! Folks, can we all say finally that Saturday 12th July it is then? Also, can we firm up on say, Oxford? It seems more central to the UK than anywhere else and thus likely to attract the best attendance? Firefox, will everyone manage to spot this buried at the end of 'Meadowhall', or does it deserve a new heading. In fact, aren't everyone's postings re a Summer 2003 Meet being dissipated under too many separate headings ('Meadowhall .....', 'Manchester.....' 'Suggestions for.....' etc.)?. Can I suggest your consolidating all these into just the one new 'UK Meet Summer 2003' heading?. Yours constructively, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!