Greetings!

Thank you for letting me join the group. I have loved high heels since my earliest memory...probably as much for their sound as for their looks. To that end I am entering a retirement hobby of making bell bronze taps for both the toes and heels of stiletto shoes and boots. I did considerable commercial work in the 90's on women's tap shoes and boots: dancers; majorettes, drill teams, that sort of stuff. Our next door neighbor when I was under 6 yrs. old was a shoemaker in Texas; and how I loved to visit his shop and just smell the glue and the polish on a cold Saturday morning! I guess he "marked" me for life with the shoe fetish! Or else it was weird Aunt Betty who massaged my special purpose with her green shoes while I was either held or tied up by her husband. The rather pleasant recurring nightmares continued until I was grown. As I approached puberty there was Grandma's closet with its gleaming black patent "Sunday go to meeting" heels in many styles. Conveniently this closet adjoined the bathroom....you know the rest! It was electrifying. So was college in the late 60's....so many cute babes in heels and sexy flats; often with those "clickety-click" steel heel taps that mimic the sound of high heels on concrete. Sadly, not many women wear metal taps on high heels today...perhaps they are illegal...which is even more reason to bring them back! Well, enough rambling! I look forward to sharing ideas and experiences with the group...what a blessing the internet has been!