A dream I had - remembering images and story from dreaming

I remember some details about a dream I had last night that stand out...... I was in a building - a hotel I think, but had large Diner signs in neon that featured headshots of Marilyn Monroe. The building had gone through an earthquake, and was falling apart, but the signs had not fallen down - it was like I walked into the building on the ground floor after it had happened. There were people still inside what I think was a bar area, but I had no idea who they were, yet they talked to me. I remember seeing some photos on the wall of old movie stars, and had thought to ask if they wouldn't mind me taking one or two, when I saw they were autographed, and then thought better of it. I was just glad the people were OK. It struck me as odd that on the upper area of 3 of the walls were the diner signs with Marilyn featured on them - like they should be OUTSIDE, as they were that large, but these were INSIDE, like they had been brought in from somewhere else. I remember going to another building, but when I went into the door, it went up into a metal room that had a door at the top. It took some effort, but I made it up through the top into a short hallway. The rest of the building was old and made of wood though - it was a clothing shop of sorts that also sold costumes and wigs, but didn't seem like a regular store, but more like a home that was lined with stuff. The owner was doing someone's hair, and she asked me for a towel from the drawer near where I was standing. She said "We like to run a classy establishment", so I found the towel and handed it to her. I didn't see the face too well, but she had long straight black hair with red streaks, much like the wigs in the closet, although the streaks on the ones in the closet were of different colors. I asked her about the metal room, and she said "Oh, that's the trap." I explained that it had a door in the bottom, and the person in the chair said "Not much of a trap when it has a door in the bottom, is it?". She just looked and said that it was her trap.....not much more explanation than that. I walked out from the building, which the rest was dark wood, and 2 stories tall - the location was all wrong though, as once I was outside, I knew where I was - I was on Minnesota Avenue here in Billings, and where the building was is where the Victorian is now, which looks nothing like where I was - the rest of the area was correct though. Parts of the dream may have come from other thoughts, such as a clothing store I used to work at, and the Marilyn images may have come from the thought that I was looking for some posters to hang up - but why these places? Was it because of where I was, or where I'll be going? I know we don't get any earthquakes here, so why was the first building, this hotel (?) building in disrepair as if it had been through one...and why were the people still cleaning up on the ground floor, rather than getting out before anything else collapsed? Parts of the walls were gone, and not all of the stairs were there. One of the signs looked like it could fall down at any moment, yet everyone was calm. Normally, I don't remember much of my dreams, but this one I did. Now to see if it makes any sense, although mine usually don't, but just a voyage through places somewhat familiar, but completely wrong. The last dream I had that I remembered was in black and white, done back in the 50's detective style, and it was in downtown Billings, but....all of the buildings were next to each other on these oversized warehouse racks, and each shelf had more buildings on it. Everyone acted like that was completely normal too.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 5 weeks later...

I normally find that if I wake up after a dream, I say to myself I must remember that, but in the morning I can't remember anything about it. Have you ever been dreaming and said to yourself I've had enough of this and woken yourself up? Some people say babies dream but I cannot see how they don't know anything yet, must admit I don't dream that often, but I think its strange where your dreams come from.

life is not a rehearsal

Please let me put on my Shaman's hat here (I actually do come from a family of Shamans. Scary to some, I know.)

Dreams come from one of a few places, the most likely with most people is that they are a result of your brain defragmenting. Like most hard drives our brain kind of stores our day or days in a slightly less than organized fashion and in time must (clearing of throat here) straighten out the mess on its desk, so to speak. So, as it is moving things from one place to another things get kind of mixed up and you can get some really weird dreams from it.

Less likely for most people is that dreams are being used by your creator (insert name of chosen deity here) [this was chosen as to not offend anyone here] as a teaching tool, to maybe show you a path you are overlooking or provide an answer to a question that you may not even be aware you have yet. This can be a little frustrating at times but I do believe that our creator has a very big sense of humor and likes to have his/her little jokes with us from time to time.

The absolute least likely is that it was something to scare the (pardon the expression) hell out of you brought on by a demon (again insert your chosen evil spirit).

As to anilizing your dream, that can only be done by someone who knows you very, very well.

Hopefully this helps you or someone else here.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel