people's reaction to shoes.

Eggnog

I am an attractive woman as you are and if other woman look down on me for the shoe I wear I really don't care. As with you I don't dress as a tramp and wearing a 5 or 6" HH doesn't make me or anyone else a tramp. I don't need their approval. I do agree a true compliment from a woman is very much appreciated. But the dumpy woman that aren't interested in taking care of themselves and looking nice and look down on those of us that take an interest in our appearance I ignore. I agree men often look at the erotic picture and that is OK with me. I dress to please me and at times to attract a man's attention. If that makes me a slut so be it. No, pata your question was not impolite or to direct. I appreciate your comment.

pata, again I appreciate your comments. I don't consider myself handicapped. I can do most anything on my crutches and I also wear a peg leg. Yes, it is a peg leg. If you think crutches get attention and comments try a peg leg. haha I dress the same now as I did when I had two legs.

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Franie. Your attitude gets full marks in my book!

I’ve been watching people’s responses to my shoes for as long as I’ve been wearing high heeled or alternative footwear, so that’s about 20 years now. Yes, people do the disapproving face a good deal, but equally, my shoes are often a talking point. I even get some people asking to try them on. Whenever I’m with a group of other people, I take a delight in having the least sensible or most inappropriate footwear. At work, I try not to ram it down people’s throats as it were, and don’t wear my more obviously fetish styles. The current fashion for over the knee boots has enabled me to wear my thigh boots a few times without it looking too much like a fetish statement, and no one can see anyway if I have one of my long skirts on. But there’s a good deal of pleasure to be had with repartee, for example when people say ‘what on earth are you wearing those for?’ and I quip ‘Because I can’, or when others say ‘I could never walk in heels that high’ and I say ‘no I don’t suppose you could’. I know it’s childish, and doesn’t look very funny written down, but it puts a smile on my face.

Alexa

• 4 weeks later...

It is pretty amazing how one can wear a very nice hat, a great top, great skirt, have a great hand bag, nice earrings, excellent mascara, great eye liner, nice lipstick but the outfit is not complete until a nice pair of shoes is there. Women tend to notice shoes a lot. Vogue had a huge article about how an outfit is not complete until you have the proper sandals. I can't link to it since I read it in an actual magazine instead of online but it was a very good read and shows people's attitudes towards how important sandals are. When wearing pumps, I myself do not wear more then a 2 inch heel as I get tired too quickly. Anything over a 2 inch heel I go for boots instead as I can layer padding on inside the boots via a fur lining, thick wool socks and or pantyhose so I tire out less quickly. Also, with the higher heel, I tend to go for wider heels so that it is more stable and I have less chance of spraining my ankle. I love wearing heels though so the only comments I usually get are "I love those boots" or "would you want to take your boots off? it is warm today".