I am Back

billyb

Hey everyone I know I have not posted much lately and I wanted to let you know what I have been up to. I started a new job in February and they had me hit the ground running, I work in IT on midrange systems and their systems had been neglected for some time so the past four months have been 10- 12 hour days trying to get the systems back in shape. You might be asking what does this have to do with high heels, well let me tell you. My old job I never really felt comfortable wearing my heels at work no one ever said anything but it just felt odd. I started this new job and at first I was concerned not because of company policy but since it is a very large trucking company, and some of the attitude that might exist, now that said most of the women here wear heels. So slowly I started wearing heels once or twice a week just to see what would happen, and exactly what I had hoped for noting so now I wear heels almost daily, both shoes and boots with block and stiletto heels, but the styles are somewhat men’s styles. No I have not tried peep toes or open toes and don’t plan to yet. To this day I have not received one negative reaction and in actuality most people don’t even notice. The company has two offices that I split my time between and they are 30 miles apart, one is the main administration office and the other is our operations and fleet yard. At our admin office some of the ladies have started asking what I am wearing and have completed me in that I wear heels well, and they seem disappointed when I wear my regular cowboy boots. It is really cool that I can wear heels and feel comfortable doing it and it also gives me the confidence to wear my heels other places as well. I have attached a couple of shots of what I wear to work.

Cheers billy.

post-10394-133522889326_thumb.jpg

Greatings billyb and welcome back :-)

Great story and good for you if you can wear your heels at work.

I do the same without any problem thanks to my employer's "code of corporate conducts".

As long as you do it with style and don't push the enveloppe too much, no one can say a word about it.

Note that I always wear my heels with male or "unisex" clothing.