High Heeled Goddess Diary #6

Laurieheels

It also has nothing to do with CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education), which has now been replaced by GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education - I think), either being quite a handy tool to have enabling us to contribute to forums such as this. It also helps to have one of these certificates, particularly in English, for reading the labels in shoes...

I became aware of the differences between the English school system and our own (USA) in college. My professor for the quantum mechanics course was an Australian who had been educated at Oxford. He showed me a pamphlet which was used by students preparing to sit their A levels in physics. I did not learn that material until well into in my second year in the electrical engineering program (perhaps as difficult as pre-medicine).

Michael

...and lest we forget that a BLT opposed to the BST is a wonderfully delicious sandwich... in fact might go and have one of those right now :wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

There could be a connection, but then there is the BSM, which is the British Service Medal and if you had a matching pair would look cool as shoe buckles...

Let calm be widespread

Not to be confused with the BSM who are the 'British School of Motoring', an organisation that's helped many of the UK's drivers to pass their tests (not me, tho'). They also suggested a little while ago that young women shouldn't drive in platforms or high heels, while remaining silent on the issue of young men's driving footwear! (And I think that the BBC School of Links and Continuity Announces owes me an honourary degree for that one :wink: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

...And then of course there's the classic definitions of B.S., M.S., & PhD.: B.S. should require no explanation; M.S. is "More of the Same"; PhD is "Piled higher and Deeper"....

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

... well of course, and relating that to shoes, BS can be devastating to the leather and overall finish plus then there is the cleaning pheweee. But if you are stupid then you could always go back to the same field for MS so long as you don't go to the part of the field where it is PhD because you could loose your shoes in that lot!

Let calm be widespread