Airport Fun

I had previously thought that having to take off our shoes at airports was just an inconvenience to deal with. After today, I am re-thinking that. At an airport in Dallas, TX (Love Field) this morning, I went to the wrong place initially for the initial pre-screening security check. This is only memorable as a woman did the same thing I did. She was late for her flight, and only seemed to have minutes to spare. Of course, as respects this forum, I noticed that she was wearing heels. Initially, I couldn't tell if they were to my liking, but as she walked swiftly back to the correct line, I could see that they were. 4.5 - 5" black pumps. I got quite a few looks as she made her way through the line switchbacks (very few were in the security line). She ended up about 5-6 people behind me, so as I was giving my ID to the attendant, I had to choose between two x-ray machine lines. Knowing that my choice would determine whether or not I would see this woman up close (and possibly her shoes), I went to the left line. After a few seconds, I decided that the family with the baby equipment was going to take too much time and went to the right line instead. By then, a couple people had gotten in front of me there. The woman in question, faced with the same decision, went to the other line, or so I had thought. After I walked through the scanner, I could see that she had changed her mind and was in my line! However, she was still back far enough to make me wonder what kind of chance I had (I didn't want to just hang around). However, I got a break. As my items were going through the machine, they advised that my bag needed to be scanned again. At first, I thought, ok, whatever... until I realized what this meant! The delay in my bag getting scanned gave me a good excuse to wait for her and her items made it through before my carry-on re-scan. It was cute to see her in bare feet as she was walking on her tip-toes. She seemed to be anxiously waiting for them to come out of the machine. Apparently, she really doesn't like being separated from her heels! When she did grab them, I couldn't resist complimenting her on her exquisite footwear selection. Of course, what actually came out of my mouth was, "I like your shoes." To which she responded, "Thank you!" She seemed quite thrilled to get the compliment. I then said something like, "I wouldn't want you to have forgotten them." To which she responded, "Oh, no, I love these shoes!" I got to see her put them on and wished her a nice flight, to which she responded in kind and then she was off in a flash. As I grabbed my bag which cleared security on the 2nd pass I could see her down the walkway, moving quite swiftly, before breaking into a near run or as best she could manage in her heels! I was glad to see that she made her flight and the encounter left me a bit weak in the knees for a while. What a great experience! Of course, in retrospect, I second guess myself a lot, why didn't I: 1) Ask for a picture. Granted, I only had my cell phone camera. 2) Ask her where she got them or what brand they were, or 3) Ask for her name, etc. #1 and #3 would probably have been awkward for the situation, but I would loved to have been able to share a pic of the actual shoes with anyone reading this. I'm sorry for that, but to describe them again, they were black pumps, about 4.5 - 5" stiletto heels (quite thin), v-throat, with kind of like a ripple effect design in the front, not platformed. The woman herself appeared to be in her early to mid-20's and had a great personality. If only I had the chance to talk to her more... I'm sure she's not the only woman that loves shoes like this though! This was several hours ago, but felt that I just had to share the experience. I'm glad for a forum like this where I can. So, who says flying and airports can't be fun? :winkiss:

What a great account of a memorable event. Lucky you, and thanks for doing such a good job of relating it to the forum for all of us to read!

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

#1= Might have given her the creeps #2= A good idea if you had time in line to get into it #3= See #1. Now, #3 might have worked if you two ended up sitting next to each other on the plane, and introduced yourself as "Hi again, I'm -name- from the TSA line earlier" Let her decide if she wants to share her name

(formerly known as "JimC")