should i encourage higher or lower

hailey

my girlfriend has started to wear heels more often in the last 6 months. i have kind of encouraged this by buying her shoes that i like to see her wear. i have noticed when she gets out of bed in the mornings, she walks on her toes for awhile before she can put her foot flat on the floor. i don't think she is even aware that she does this. should i make her aware that this is happening? i already suggest that she wear low heels or tennis shoes for some of the things we do together. if i don't, she wears 4 inch to 6 inch almost every day. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

She could lose a great deal if this continues. It would be sad to know that it happened without her knowledge. Perhaps you could let her know what the symptoms mean and let her make up her own mind. Who knows, she may chose to become stuck of her own free will. I do not think her problem is anything that a few daily stretches cannot fix.

If it was me I'd tell her and be gently encouraging her to do some stretching exercises and to wear flat shoes more often to avoid permanently shortening the tendons. I know some people like the idea of being stuck in high heels, but I think it's a bad idea. Imagine if she ever injured her ankle for example, she could be unable to wear heels due to the injury, but unable to wear flats due to knackered tendons. I remember reading an article years ago written by a lady who wore 6" heels all day every day, and in the mornings she used to do stretches by standing with the balls of her bare feet on the bottom step and dipping her heels downwards below the level of the step a few times. As a result she could comfortably wear flat shoes or go barefoot.