Red Shoe Diary #1

Francis

Francis wrote:

have passed my Counterbalance Forklift Driving Test!

Isn't that just the first in the series of tests that qualifies you to assume Scotty's job on the "Enterprise" ? :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

However, I'm not sure if there is a course that teaches how to bypass the primary phase transdeucers and cross-connect the main ODN conduit though! That would be interesting!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

There must be. That task is far to complicated (a lot of physics involved) to learn through OJT.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I thought you just had to reverse the polarity or something? Perhaps I've not been paying attention, tho'.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Did they lose the manual? Or did they cut out all the shots of people thumbing thru big books going 'It's in here somewhere'?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

why bother with a manual when you could ask the computer for the information :wink:

Ah, but if the computer isn't working, which is why you need the manual...

I remember patiently explaining to each new trainee at several jobs why you can't download network card drivers :D

Happy days are here again let us drink a pint of beer again cos we're not gonna kicked out again happy days are here again! As you might have guessed, we have won! I'm not getting evicted after lots of legal jargon being bounced around and various people getting put in their respective places :D The agency has decided not to try and enforce the BS 14 day eviction as they know that it will mean the end of them as a business. The council is happy to comply with anything I say and will act on said information immediately. They don't want a repeat performance. The local newspaper is keeping all this on record to be used as bargaining (blackmailing) power to keep the two organisations in check. My wife tried ringing the agency as was getting nowhere and being told that the people she needed to speak to were out (rather conveniently), so I rang and caught them in :o After telling them that they no longer had any legal standing on which to give us notice, they would have to withdraw it (it would go to court otherwise). BUT, they can still issue a notice of intention that would give us 2 months to vacate the premises and they can do that with no reason at all. I don't care, they can give my the 2 month notice, cos I want out of this property. So that would make me happy :D Anyway, life is starting to look up. I have passed my Reach forklift test today, so am a fully qualified, bona fide, pukka forklift driver :) So now it's time to go around and apply the Yosser approach! GIZ A JOB, MATE!!! :wink: Happy days are here again ... ... ... !

Excellent news Francis, go and celebrate that victory of honesty against burocrazy (not in Websters). May your fork lift elevate you to new heigths in your life (higher as the red shoes?).

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I'm delighted, Francis. Well done also on passing your forklift test. And good luck on finding a job - if you need a hand, just ask. (Oh, and Highluc, "bureaucracy" in the UK implies "crazy". Not to mention any number of less polite words, such as "jobsworth", which essentially means someone who applies the stupidest rules they can find irrespective of the situation.)

• 3 weeks later...

Francis, congratulations on both aspects :bday: :drinking: :bday: :drinking:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

• 1 month later...

Francis I see you have been on the board again (missed you) so any update's of anything especially the shoes and how's the job going?

Let calm be widespread

life is still a little hectic at the moment, although a change of pace is coming. We now have somewhere to move to :lol: Firefox will be familiar with the location, it's across the road from where we used to live :lol: A much bigger place, even if it is gonna cost us more than before Job front has changed a bit. I am doing bit work for an agency at the mo and evenings has me cleaning offices, etc. We are looking at starting our own cleaning company. Shoe front has increased in size. I bought a pair of black ankle boots from the local market for £2 and they fit lovely :lol: Leather as well :cry: When I have moved and don't have to depend on other peoples computers for internet access, I shall be throwing a house warming for anyone wishing to come. I shall let you know when that is :) If my appearances were sporadic, you now know why! Hopefully, I shall be back on board very soon and my red shoe diaries can continue.

Francis, it's good to see you back! I was wondering where you'd got to. Best of luck with moving and so on, hope to see you back soon :lol:

Francis thanks for th update I wondered where you were :lol: Wow what a year you are having so far then :lol: ! Good luck with the move and I wish you both mountains of happiness in your new home. Love to both of you Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

Well, we're nearly in. Just a little bit more to move and we can kiss goodbye to the agency who don't know jack about the law :lol: The likelyhood of seeing any of our advance rent and deposit back are minimal, but I have taken seps to ensure some of it back :lol: Anyway, £950 later we have the keys to the new place and are currently awaiting the electricity and gas boards to come and reconnect the supplies. Once we have ourselves sorted we shall be holding an open house, so anyone wishing to visit can do so :cry: We shall be having a Halloween party at which anything goes, like a large bloke coming in a french maids outfit :) so my heels will look pretty tame :lol: more updates coming soon as and when I can get access to a computer :P no electric, no phone = no internet At least there's friends :lol: