Come to think about it

Come to think about this. Who does the most work at home? Well at our place its me doing the most of the house work. Michael my fiance is helping a little with the cleaning of the flat, the shopings and a bit with the cooking otherwise its me doing the most of the house work. I´m not comlpaining, its a thing between Michael and me. I do the things I´m better on doing such as cooking, taking care of the launderies, the cleaning, taking care of the home, that´s sort of things. I´m better on doing this then Michael, that´s why. And I think its fun too doing this things, not all but most of them. I´m just woundering how you´re doing?

I do some housework [shopping, sometimes cleaning and cooking / baking a cake] to make my mother's life a bit easier, especially if she's working on Saturdays.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

IMHO, who does what within the confines of a relationship should be something that is mutually agreed upon. However, this should not be what defines the relationship. My old girlfriend absolutely insisted upon doing most of the house work in our relationship. In fact, whenever I tried to do anything I was invariably handed a beer or a drink and told to sit down. But the bottom line here is what works for everyone concerned. One thing that should never happen is drawing-up a list of responsibilities, as that is the first sure sign that the relationship is in trouble.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I agree Guy N. Heels, this should not be what defines the relationship and in our relationship, Michael´s and mine its not. Its just that I do these things better than Michael. He is better than me on other things, more technical things like cars and other thechnical things.

I work and live in the same place, so I do all the cooking. Plus my girl friend works 11:30 am to 8 pm. So I always have dinner ready when she gets home. I also cook breakfast on most days.

She does the laundry and general cleaning around the place. I do most of the dishes.

It seems to work well for us. I have always enjoyed cooking, Never really enjoyed doing the dishes tho! LOL

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Hi gary0618 That´s nice. What a nice thing to do having the dinner ready for your girlfreind when she comes home from work. Oh that´s sweet of you doing breakfast too. Michael doing breakfast for me, for us Saturdays and Sundays. He´s giving me breakfast in bed. That´s very sweet of him. I very much appreciate he doing this for me. I see your girlfreind doing the laundry and the genral cleaning around the place. Me I´m the same. I´m doing all this work at ours. I have try learning Michael how separate different clothes (by colour and fabric), how do the laundry, how to manage a washing machine, a tumble drier. Michael is doing fine, its just that its takes him a bit of time doing this and he doesen´t like doing this. Its going much faster when I´m doing it, that´s why I doing all this. I have try to learn Michael how too iron his clothes, his shirts, his trousers. He has a bit difficulties doing this so its better I do iron all our clothes, both his and mine. Michael is helping me doing the dishes and so on. Like you gary, Michael doesent like doing the dishes but its a thing one has to do. This works for us, for Michael and me.