High heels are good for the feet?

BobHH

Arno, what did you expect, they are podiatrics and not shoe retailers but at least I was happy they were honest and admitted heels could be (part of) the solution. Any reference to benefits from heels by professionals will help us fight the majority of detractors who advocate flats as the only healthy wear, whatever gender.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Thanks to Slim and others for sharing how high heels have solved or allieviated your problems. I found out about 40 years ago but of course only wore HH in private for a long while, then where I was reasonably anonymous and for last ten or more years all the time. Great that people are much more accepting - only difference that when I started wearing and was less accepted, so many others wearing stilettos - my preferred and most comfortable, that any dents or marks on the floor was regarded as normal, now there are many places I have to take care - but then it is always a good idea to check heel tips regularly. I quickly found when I wore wide heels that they wore unevenly and gave problems. The small round tips don't have that problem and surprisingly are easier to wear on rougher ground - but I like boots, not open shoes. Thanks again to all

• 2 weeks later...