Wooden Platforms with Ultra High Heels

csb2

I've got four pairs of XTC shoes with 6.5" heels, and a handful of wooden and/or cork platforms and don't have problems with any of them. They're mostly Karo although there are some Pleasers. The most comfy are the ones from XTC but they might not be the ones you're after.

• 2 weeks later...

Onyourtoes, Sorry, I'm not looking for volunteers. Of course, you can buy your own to experience and deal with the problem yourself. Just be sure to order the proper size. That helps, but only a very little bit. ---- Roz, I'm not looking for wooden platforms that can be walked in. Instead, I'm trying to figure out the cause of the problem. I'm assuming that your "XTC" shoes are those with 7.5 inch high heels and 4 inch chunky platforms, providing an instep equilvalent to 3.5 inch high heel shoes. Those are not equivalent to the "one unit wood bottom" shoes that have real 6+ inch high insteps. ---- NOTES: 1) I know its not cushioning because Mr. James does add good cushion material. Also, using ball of foot cushions does not help much either. 2) I know the problem is not the wood itself because ultra-hgh heel shoes with wood platforms added internally (hidden) or externally to the sole (ball of foot area) do not have the problem. 3) My best guess at this time is that the wood is not being carved with the proper "instep, high arch area and/or heel angle placement". (Again, that's just a guess. I'm not sure what causes the problem.)