Size Conversions

RolleyBass

The best way is to go to a sports store that stocks reebock and take a look at a lid!

Just as a rule of thumb, there is a size and a half difference between mens and women's us sizes.

Men's 8.5 is a ladies' 10, ladies' 8.5 is men's 7. UK sizes are half a size less than men's US size. Thus USL 11=USM 9.5=UK 9=euro 43. However, as women tend to have narrower feet than men, a UK ladies 9 will be a 42 or mens 8.5 or USM 8 or USL 9.5

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

That explanation sounds complicated, and it's still only an approximation at best. In fact, I've found that sizing is not very consistent, and can vary even within the same brand. My normal US size in men's shoes is 10.5 EE, which translates roughly to size 12 USF. I've found very few stores in this part of the world that carry anything at all in that size, except for the Payless stores which carry a limited selection in size 12. With Payless I've found that in some styles a 12 is just right, in others a 12W was too small, and in some cases a 12 was too large and an 11W was perfect. I've found that you can't really tell about fit unless you try them on. A short while ago I could never get up the nerve to try on heeled shoes in the store (I still find it easier if there are no male customers or clerks nearby). After browsing this forum for some time and reading about other guys experiences, I thought I'd just give it a try. I found it gets easier each time you do it. A few weeks ago I went into a local Payless store and found a pair of boots with 3.5 inch chunky heels. I was wearing a pair of very thin men's socks which are OK for trying on heels, so I sat down and put on the boots. I had just walked over to look at them in a mirror when a female sales clerk appeared around the corner. Without even raising an eyebrow, she smiled and asked "How do they fit?". I said they were just fine, and I bought them. No problem at all.

Way to go! It indeed actually gets easier to the point that you start thinking "are you guys blind and deaf around here?" :lol: About the sizing: indeed, consistency is non existent in this world. Bronx, my favourite brand, varies almost 3 real sizes.

What's all the fuss about?

This is true. I have even found that sizes vary within the same STYLE let alone the manufacturer! I once tried on a pair of boots that I couldn't zip up so the lady brought me another pair that did up easily!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

-Well, the Chinese or Korean (or whatever, underpaid) workers have to make their daily quota; -Or else... Dr. Shoe will probably know what I am talking about when getting the stitches a little inside (or outside) the intended outline while putting the pieces together. If then the QA department has been "seen as too costly" and thus cut out of the "chain", the customer (in this case the importer) gets what he/it pays for (hopefully). TallSwede

How can I trust in any size conversion table? Relating to UK --> EU conversion I have seen nearly everything. UK 10 as EU 43.5 or as EU 45. Obviously there must be a difference between male and female sizes in Great Britain. This is my own experience. British male 10 is normally OK for me but british female 10 result in corns! In the EU system I have never encountered such extreme differences between female and male sizes. Therefore my question to the british heels fans: Why not use the more reliable EU system also in Great Britain? micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

About the sizing: indeed, consistency is non existent in this world. Bronx, my favourite brand, varies almost 3 real sizes.

When buying Bronx, check where they were made. The made in Brazil ones are large and the other ones small for their given sizes.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence