First time out in public

HHfanatic

I have to say that I don't think I have seen a shoe with a heel that high that looked like a mens boot so completely. I don't think you have anything to worry about as I would think they were made for men if I saw you on the street. I love the fact they actually were made for a man.

I have to say that I don't think I have seen a shoe with a heel that high that looked like a mens boot so completely. I don't think you have anything to worry about as I would think they were made for men if I saw you on the street. I love the fact they actually were made for a man.

The design is taken from boots designed for women, only with a thicker heel.

And I think it is the shape of the heel and ofcourse the size that make them more "masculine".

But I would prefer the heel to be slimmer and tapered...and maybe another 0,5 inch, total of 4,5 inch, maybe 5 inch. Give them a more feminine touch..:thumbsup:

Sounds weird...give a high heeled boot a feminine touch...

They are very comfortable thow and they should be...since they are custom made..:-)

HHfanatic, I think you're in common company of "wanting to go higher". I'm sure many of us, once they master a pair of heels, both in terms of walkability, and also confidence in public outing, want to repeat the process with a higher heel pair. [That's why I'm asking you so many questions - I'm fine with my sub-3" ankle boots, and am looking to get a new pair around 4"].

If the heels on these can be replaced, I'm guessing once you lift up whatever padding is inside the shoe, the heel is attached thru the sole of the shoe. Maybe it's not that much effort to remove the old one, and replace it with a new one. (It's almost a shame that's not a "user-serviceable" item, so you could twist off and on different heels of your choosing :thumbsup: ). Since the shoe is designed around the heel height (angle of boot, amount of material), it's not surprising the height can't be significantly altered.

I don't think your desire for a "feminine heel" is that unusual. A true block heel (l x w is same at the top of the heel as at bottom) is certainly functional, and perhaps more passable, but not necessarily that attractive. That was one of the reasons I mentioned a cuban heel: a compromise between not being too thin (and really feminine) but having better than a block shape.

Though not the greatest examples, here are some links that shows some different toe and heel sizes: http://www.jbhilltexas.com/style_information.html

http://www.davelittleboots.com/heels_toesbig.html

Links like these might be good to put on your website, to try to give people examples of what heel and toe styles are selectable (though trying to picture what a < 2" heel looks like when scaled up to 4" or more can be difficult).

What are your heel-wearing plans when you get back home? Do you think you'll have masterered wearing 4" heels out in public, that you might try your higher ones?

Jwhite, Thanks for this info...this is a good idea. I can make heels/boots 3D on SolidWorks and use them as guidens for the footwear shape and height. The plan when I get back to the philippines is to continue using my boots when we go out in the evening. I just need to get some longer pants that will cover the heels better. I will also have 1 or 2 pairs of boots made for my wife so we both can go out in boots together..:-) I also need more footwear so I can take more pics for my homepage. So instead of buying for her here in Norway, I will have them custom made at the Philippines.

So far I have always walked with my wife and she always walk very slow which means I can not walk in my normal speed. This have been okay for me since I`m all new wearing heels and I have been very conserned how will my walk be if I speed up. Will I look like a duck? So this morning I took my first trip alone, and I speed up to my normal speed of walking...and what a surprise it was I found out I can walk my normal speed in 4" heels without looking like a duck. Like I never have been walking in anything else than heels. It was surprisingly easy. My hours walking slow with my wife, sure have made me to an "experienced" man in heels..:thumbsup: Another thing I noticed is that my butt muscles get tighter after about 15 minutes fast walk. Like they lift up in a way... I understand now why women look so much better wearing heels... So its payback time...now the chicks can look at my sexy butt... hehe

I`m on a new level...:-) Today I took the car driving, wearing my 4" boots to the another city. A good friend was driving with me, he knows about my fetish... On the way we stopped at a gasstation to buy some coke. As the most natural thing, I walked in, order the cokes, payed and walk out. There was 3 persons inside the gasstation, noone blinked an eye... At the endstop, I walked from the parking to the trainstation to cash out some money from a minibank, about 200 meter walk each way. Walk up and down some long stairs, many people around...noone blinked an eye... The purpose of the trip was to have a big cardboard box shipped of the Philippines. The transporter stopped by our car, we lifted out the heavy box, payed, filled out the paperwork...and I was not even nervouse...everything was going very nice and smooth. On the return back home, we stopped at another gasstation, walk in, ordered som hotdogs and some coke...we ate inside the gasstation. There was 2 ladies serving..and I felt one of them was looking our way a lot...I was standing sideways to her so she would notify my boots if she was looking down...but no comments, everyone acting normal...even me. I walked around inside the gasstation to go to the CR. Walked out and to the car. Its getting more and more "normal" to wear these boots, noone notice, not even at the sentral train station and I was walking up and down long stairs..inside and outside. Soon time to raise the heel height to 4,5"-5" and slimmer heels... :-)

Another great outing for you. I think the key to this isn't so much the "heel" but the shoe. If you were able to magically retract your heel to almost nothing, you'd end up with a boot that would probably be 99% passable as a man's shoe. As long as you are standing/walking, even with not-that-long pants, maybe 2" or so of the heel is exposed, so to many people, they might just look like a pair of cowboy boots, maybe biker boots (being duller, black leather). I think you're seeing the results of this in your outings - not much attention or second looks at all. What does attract so much attention, isn't so much the "high heel" on other shoes, but rather the construction of the shoe itself: a pump or sandle, in colors, with a thin (stilletto) heel, ie. what everyone thinks of as woman's shoes. You could wear these boots of yours indefinitely, and probably get little to no attention at all. However, drop the heel height in half, but also make them half as thin (now starting to look more like a heel on a woman's shoe), and I bet you'd get more looks in one day with them then you'll get in a month with these. This isn't a bad thing. It's great when you can build up confidence with an initial pair of shoes, and then use that to push the boundaries, whether that's higher heels, thinner heels, or a different style.

Son you will be like HappyFeat me and so many others here. Just be your self and the next time you go out in your heels, try not to pay attention to anybody and think like you are just wearing tennis shoes or regular mens shoes. It will feel so normal. Great job my friend!:thumbsup:

real men wear heels

I had a 2 hour walk this afternoon with my wife, meet many teenagers coming home from school. I noticed some of them was looking down at my boots, but no smile, no comments, no nothing...just a normal look in there face. The reason I look at theres faces, is to find out if any make a fuzz about it. But so far, no reactions. The design of these boots really turned out to be good for starting up using footwear with heels. They look like men boots with higher heel than normal men boots... Next step is to go to the movie...:-)

2-3 cm of snow this morning...its more challenging to walk when the snow make the sidewalk more bumpy. But I like to see the bootprints in the snow...and that make it clear for me that the heel is to big. I would like to see the bottom of the heel between 2/3 of the size it is today. So I think I will replace the heels with champfered heels...or have myself another pair made with a little bit more feminine heels... :-)

Yesterday I had my longest time wearing my 4" boots... 5 hours. I was on the railwaystation, took the train, walked around in Oslo, had dinner at a restaurant with tiles on the floors which made some sound from the heels, shopped in a store, took the train back in the rushhour and walked home. Only reaction I noticed was when I walked up a long stairway and some young ladies were walking behind me. At the top of the stairway they passed me and one of the ladies turned around and smiled...I dont think that was becouse of my good look, well, maybe it was...:thumbsup: The other day I took a car to a garage to have an oilchange and I was waiting at the shop for about 30 minutes. As a general, in these type of boots I have and the boots are beeing covered by long jeans, its nothing to worry about to be a man in heels. I have a total of about 20 hours outdoors in public, and I have not experienced anything negative so far...and only a few people notice.

Hey HH, That is awesome to me. I love hearing stories like this. Especially when the spouce is supportive. Props to you! It reminds me of my frist time in public, but I did not have the same advantage of the significant other. I had a pair of 4 inch cunk boots tucked way under a pair of leather pants I own for my Hog. I bought these wilson brand leather pants and they came un-hemmed. Which was an omen to me, as I have a 30 inch leg and these are like a 36 inch leg. =o) Can you see where I am going with this...well anyways as it turned out, this one extremely rainny night...I went for a two mile walk with the boots and my dog. The only crappy part was the dog got sprayed by a skunk, missing me luckly and I had to high tail it(no pun intended) as to get the pooch in the tub to clean up before his stench woke up the folks who live in the apt below me. =o) The most recent out in public was fun too...but once again a night walk with the pooch. Got to love the weather here, because the snow gets deep. =o) So I waited until we had a nice 18 inch snow storm and went for another night walk with my dog and those boots....I hope to pull off the day thing soon though. The most I have done on my own in the day was a a pair of 2.5 inch cow boy boots...No problems there....I have actually recieved many good compliments from both guys and girls. A lot of guys have actually stopped me to ask me where I got them and to tell me about pairs they had like them, 'just a slightly lower heel'. usually. =o) Very cool...but good luck to you man....sounds like you will pull it off without a hitch...the wife will be your support....(pun intended)

Another great outing for you.

I think the key to this isn't so much the "heel" but the shoe. If you were able to magically retract your heel to almost nothing, you'd end up with a boot that would probably be 99% passable as a man's shoe. As long as you are standing/walking, even with not-that-long pants, maybe 2" or so of the heel is exposed, so to many people, they might just look like a pair of cowboy boots, maybe biker boots (being duller, black leather). I think you're seeing the results of this in your outings - not much attention or second looks at all.

What does attract so much attention, isn't so much the "high heel" on other shoes, but rather the construction of the shoe itself: a pump or sandle, in colors, with a thin (stilletto) heel, ie. what everyone thinks of as woman's shoes.

You could wear these boots of yours indefinitely, and probably get little to no attention at all. However, drop the heel height in half, but also make them half as thin (now starting to look more like a heel on a woman's shoe), and I bet you'd get more looks in one day with them then you'll get in a month with these.

This isn't a bad thing. It's great when you can build up confidence with an initial pair of shoes, and then use that to push the boundaries, whether that's higher heels, thinner heels, or a different style.

I beleave you are right about this.

I have never been public with thinner heels, or stiletto heels so I can not compare the different.

But it make sence....

One thing I have noticed lately is that when I meet women wearing heels, it is easy to spot the heel long before we meet. The higher she lift her feet, the easier it is to see if she wears flats or heels.

When I notices this, I made sure not lift my feet very high up...