Question about Ballet Boots

hckyplyr123

I have a question to all the ballet heels fan and owners out there. I notice when I walk in my ballet's that the toe box area is wrinkled up, etc. Is this because the heel is too long and I am placing too much pressure on the toes and should be putting more on the heels?? Peta or anyone who is an experienced ballet heeler could you please help. I want to make modifications to them according to the instructions on youtube but I want to decide first if the box area is wrinkled because of the heel or just me. Thanks again.

the extra length in the toe box is the issue. Fill in the space with folded up paper to make sure you're toes have something firm to push against, should help quite a bit. I am assuming you are using the Pleaser Devious boots, as I've had that problem with mine.

(formerly known as "JimC")

One of my ballet boots has that same problem. I have stiffined the soles of my boots with fiberglass but this didn;t help the rt. boot. I think it is because if your boots fit tight around the top of your foot and when you step on the toe the stiffner @ the toe of the boot gives way and a wrinkle develops. Perhaps when new, some kind of stiffner should be added to the inside front of the toe box like pointe shoes? Dr Who 3