Is it possible to make straps longer

I have a pair of platform shoes where the straps are fixed in place. I also have thick ankles. It has got to the point where the buckles are starting to break from the straps. I need to have the buckles replaced and the straps made about 3 to 4" longer.

I have a pair of platform shoes where the straps are fixed in place. I also have thick ankles. It has got to the point where the buckles are starting to break from the straps. I need to have the buckles replaced and the straps made about 3 to 4" longer.

3" or 4" longer? That's quite a bit. Nevertheless, any competent cobbler ought to be be able to fix you up without any real problem. The trick is to either sew an appropriate extension onto the ankle strap or replace it entirely. If you have been having trouble with the buckles then I would insist upon some new, top-grade buckles. In general, nickel or stainless buckles have very good durability, but I have even seen some top quality brass buckles. Nevertheless, don't get miserly on the buckles, even if you have to spend a few extra coins, it's worth it. :thumbsup:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 year later...

i just had to have a strap repaired on a sandal. i went to timpsons

www.timpson.com

for £10 they not only re sewed the strap but also fitted steel heel tips. both jobs were done within an hour:smile::):smile: