Just another day's Xmas shopping...

loswabs

Today I went out Xmas shopping wearing a pair of purple suede boots with a 3.5" stiletto heel. I also wore a dark long coat and tight fitting boot cut jeans. Colour aside, there was no hiding the fact I was wearing stiletto boots as the jeans legs showed nearly all of the heel. Anyway, I got quite a few looks while walking to the tube, the more obvious ones from men. I reckon they either thought I was a weirdo or were plain jealous. None of them said a word so I figured jealous!!

In all I spent 8 hours shopping in Oxford Street and the surrounding area, which was pretty busy. The thing I noticed as I have before is that in a crowd you can get away with so much more. No one has the opportunity to look and stare as much 'cos in the main they've too many other things going on. As the day wore on the cover of darkness also provided "support" and confidence grew even more. I went into 3 branches of Dune and was given really good help by everyone I met. In one shop the manageress and I chatted quite a bit about boots and stilettos and the range she carried.

"You like your stilettos to be really high then?" she asked. "Well, 4" is about my favourite height, though I have got a pair at 5 inches". I said. She laughed and said, "How high are the ones you have on now?"

"Just under 4, anything higher with these jeans doesn't work 'cos I think the legs are too short". I said. "Yes, you need a few more inches on them, but they're nice boots, and I love the colour. No point hiding something that good"

In another Dune branch I was helped by a really nice young girl, I reckon she was about 20, who asked if I wanted to try the boots on I asked about before I could say they were for me. I reckon wearing heels helped me but she didn't get fazed at all. Here they are:

http://www.dune.co.uk/catalogue/style.asp?r=43&g=41&y=A08LPA10LBD481H

They fitted great but after seeing them close up I don't think they're worth £150. Nevertheless, at the sales girl's invitation I walked around in them for a few minutes, not that I need much asking. None of the other customers seemed to care one bit!!

I also tried on a pair of stiletto pumps in Faith, but they were so busy I didn't wait to get served. I'll go back when it's a tad quieter lol Here's a picture of them:

http://www.faith.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=261710&language=en-GB

They have a lovely soft foot pad built in and I reckon I could wear them all day. They felt so good on, I can see I'll have to get them. I'll add them to my Xmas wish list and see if the wife will oblige ;o)

Anyway, a great day, trying heels, wearing heels, and buying Xmas prezzies. It helps to have "real" things to do as that takes your mind off from being too self-concious. I'm absolutely buzzing with pleasure!!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Congratulations on your day in high heels. I went Christmas shopping last week wearing 5" stiletto high heel pumps. I sounds like the reactions and looks you received were similar to what I experience. It is always great to hear success stories of public heeling. It sounds like you had a great time and I am happy for you.

Sounds like a Great Day shopping. Did you get any shopping for anyone else done? I like the boots and shoes you put in the attachments (attachments worked for me). :w00t2:

Yes, got some prezzies but also awarded myself a couple of pair of skintight jeans, one skinny leg, the other boot cut. Trouble is, I've just found out I picked up the shorter leg boot cut so will have to go back and do it all again to get the longer ones. Every cloud has it's silver lining lol

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Yes, got some prezzies but also awarded myself a couple of pair of skintight jeans, one skinny leg, the other boot cut. Trouble is, I've just found out I picked up the shorter leg boot cut so will have to go back and do it all again to get the longer ones. Every cloud has it's silver lining lol

Put your heels back on head out shopping again!!!!