Apocalyptica Concert

I went to the Apocalyptica concert last night, heeling of course, mustn't miss a chance!

Apocalyptica is a very Goth followed band in style and music- 4 Cellos and drum kit is very different!

Most of the audience where either goth or jeans, a few youngsters under 14. most teens to mid 20s.

I chose my high boots (1" platform 5" heel) not had a lot of time out in these so I knew I would be pushing the game at some point, come to that after 4 hours standing ooooch, talk about baptism of fire, found a table to sit on for a half hour then back up for the last numbers and encore. Total time in heels just under 6 hours and standing a good 5 (can I have a chocolate medal please)

I was with my Ex family and got good and positive comments:smile:.

In hind sight I wish I wore shorter jeans, these where a inch too long almost touching the ground. A few saw the heels and a few looks.

Two other members of the audience to note, one guy in goth boots and a kilt and another in flat riding boots and a layered skirt- red under skirts and a top black just below knee length totally without care, totally confident.

A few girls in heels but mostly low.

A great night out heeling and for anyone curious here is their web link

http://www.apocalyptica.com/

Al

I think they did, but I'm it's not a track I know so I may be wrong

I'm more into electronic rock than Very HM and Metallica I did not follow.

Sorry(I beg forgiveness)

I admit I don't know most of their music and I think I will spend some hours on the website today. Already on the forum as of this morning

Your countrymen did you PROUD

Al

Great band - very different/unusual but ace musicians.

Their current CD "Worlds Collide" is excellent.

They played at Oxford Acadamy a couple of weeks ago and I was sorely tempted to go. It was a freezing night though and I would have had to drive there (IMO a metal gig with no beer imbibing = a poor event).

Would have probably gone with my teenage nephew too & he knows nothing about my heeling thing (no drink + no heels + metal gig = a very poor event).

It was an ace show apparently :w00t2:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/freespirit22/with/3082539818/

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Elegant

I have just been discussing the "true" genre they belong to with my own eldest daughter we agree, as I said in the first post "a very Goth followed band" followed being the operative word, taking the description Unique from the website description is an understatement.

Beyond the above we are at a loss to pin it down.

I agree you don't look like Elvis.

However she is off to see them again tomorrow in London.

I'm sure the "dress sense" could be a little more interesting? I'd love to do it again.

Al

Euchrid That will do nicely perfect genre description Thanks Roniheels Jeans really were too long to show whilst standing (now 1" shorter) During the intermission toes were definitely complaining and I knelt for about 10 minutes for a good show:smile: to those behind, later I opted to sit on a table by the wall mid set some very curious looks were apparent. Back up on my feet for the last numbers/encore. 6 hours in heels, 4 1/2 just standing, 3/4 driving/walking with 45 mins (if that) sitting, it impressed me. Family wise this was my Ex, her partner, My 4 kids and daughter in law plus a Adult female friend with my ex. Ex "what shoes you got on, does (AnneV) know you have her boots?" No mine! Partner total silence . Friend no real comment Son "Yep you're different" D. in law "wow" Eldest daughter "right OK" (she has a friend doing a degree, Psychology dissertation titled men and/in heels, could be fun) Middle daughter "I'm calling you Frankie (rocky horror)" Youngest Didn't notice! and last night my Ex asked how my feet were? A very successful time Al