Getting Started

JayFuller

I'm new to "heeling." To start out on a more or less conservative basis, I've been thinking of buying a pair of women's loafers with 2 or 3-inch stacked heel and wearing them under relatively long pants. I did see (and try one) a pair of 3-inch mules with a loafer toe at Payless today and thought they looked really good under my pants. Comments?

Sounds like a great plan. Be careful with mules, as they most likely will require a different walking pattern as they have no back and will most likely stretch with wearing. Most here seem to prefer a boot or loafer for initial street heeling. Either wya best of luck and be sure to let us know what happens!

There are a lot of nice block heel ankle boots out there that won't even get a second look, let alone a first.

My thoughts exactly. At Payless, the Megan boot is an excellent starting boot (I wrote a thread on it, but too lazy to find it :w00t2: ). Virtually silent heel, great if you are looking for more discretion. The Rosa Lug boot I think has a little more aggressive style (and I think higher heel), but still passable.

Boots you could wear with almost anything (get a pair of guys jeans with a 2" longer pants length), and you'll be set.

The most important thing is whatever you wear, they fit decently, and you're more or less comfortable wearing them (ie. starting with a 4"+ stilletto - probably not a good idea).

If/when you go out, let us know how your experience went.

I'm new to "heeling." To start out on a more or less conservative basis, I've been thinking of buying a pair of women's loafers with 2 or 3-inch stacked heel and wearing them under relatively long pants. I did see (and try one) a pair of 3-inch mules with a loafer toe at Payless today and thought they looked really good under my pants.

Comments?

A very good shoe to start with as long as you are comfortable with it. That is the important thing.

If you are in a comfortable shoe then you can just concentrate on where you are going and what you are doing and there will be no outward sign of discomfort which stands out a mile. That will get you spotted for sure! Practice around the house, garden and then go local at quiet times in darkness, this will build up the all the basic confidence of how far you can go, it's no good if you plan to cover a couple miles/hours out if you can't do a hundred yards when you get there and that will be disappointing:cry1:. Keep us posted and good heeling Al