Squeeky heels

Anybody know how to stop heels from squeeking? I've tried WD40 but my heels still squeek. I took them to a cobbler and he said I need to send them back to the manufacturer. Problem is, I bought them last year already so I'll have to pay the bill for the repairs and because it was a year ago, I'm not sure the manufacturer will even take them back. I really like this pair of boots(black leather boots with 5" heels) but the squeeking is terrible:mecry: Any ideas please? Thanks.

Anybody know how to stop heels from squeeking? I've tried WD40 but my heels still squeek. I took them to a cobbler and he said I need to send them back to the manufacturer. Problem is, I bought them last year already so I'll have to pay the bill for the repairs and because it was a year ago, I'm not sure the manufacturer will even take them back.

I really like this pair of boots(black leather boots with 5" heels) but the squeeking is terrible:mecry:

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Try mink oil.

t-straps are my favorite style.

What is causing the squeak? I know, if you knew you would be able to fix it. Pull on the heel tip, wiggle it, work it around with your fingers, watch the rest of the heel, above the tip, do you see the heel cover wrinkle and strech? The heel maybe broken but still held in place by the cover, especially if the cover is leather. The steel pin in the heel could be loose up in the heel. Annoying I know, put a new pair of heels on my thigh-boots and it stopped. Good luck, hope this helps. Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

In general, the squeak is caused by something being loose which needs to be: A] tightened-up; B] sewed or laced-up tighter; C] nailed, screwed, or glued back in place. Contrary to popular belief, in about 99 out of 100 cases applying oil or some type of lubricant to a squeaky shoe/leather product is a big mistake as this only serves to eliminate the noise temporarily (if that) but doesn't fix the actual cause of the squeak. But even worse, once lubricant is applied and soaks into the leather it will prevent glue or cement from ever adhering to the leather and other structures, thus rendering repair impossible. Typically shoes that get wet often develop a squeak after they dry out because the water has washed something out, or else the leather has shrunk and created some type of gap somewhere. Some of us old-timers try to locate the squeak and then use little bits of wood or leather and glue to try and plug the gap(s). So while it may seem counter-intuitive, the answer for a squeak is usually glue and not oil.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

90% of heels that start "squeeking" have a shank that has broken (very likely with a 5" heel) & this then moves about causing the squeek. if a shank breaks at the heel block end then quite often the heel becomes wobbly (you can move it back & forth) however if it breaks at the sole end then it usually starts squeeking. A competent repairer should be able to replace the shank. Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.