Platform vs. Single sole... for the gals

RPMindy

which do you prefer and why. I am highly biased towards single soled high heels. to me.. the walk is more elegant... the body posture is more seductive... and also more traditionally accepted as feminine elegance. i have nothing against plats..they photograph super well too! while in discussion.. does that mean that the era of very high heels (the one that came back and may be leaving).... is going to take a break? or go away? i hope not.. i do love seeing gals in high heels.. and the higher the better.. but that is just a viewer's point of view. RPM

Platforms are a definite trend at the moment and some high street shops and brands are selling some really high shoes at the moment. I recently bought a pair from Office and the platform was ridiculously high.

I must admit I am a total sucker for platforms but love both styles. I would say about half of the shoes I have have a platform over an inch high with the rest just having single soles.

Although I do have a lot of silly platforms (see left) my favourite style are YSL Tribute-style platforms or the hidden plats of Louboutins.

I don't think we will ever see the end of traditional soles, but daring platforms are certainly fashionable at the moment, and I'd say a lot of that is to do with Tributes.

btw.. thanks to gals like you Roz, my aversion towards plats has greatly changed and I can find the appeal to the view.. do you find that the walk is different than single sole? which makes you feel sexier Roz? kutenkinky.. i agree.. some of the mini-plats today are very sexy! i can agree to that!

I don't have any problems walking in platforms, but I can certainly walk sexier in single sole shoes. I agree with kutenkinky that platforms are good because you can have a nice tall heel without any discomfort. I think mini platforms like YSL Tribs make me feel the sexiest, although some of my 8" plats are really hot too. That said some of my 6" single sole shoes are killer too so it's hard to say, lol.

well Roz, greatly appreciate your input... and you look mighty fine in your plats!! and like I said before, gals like you have helped open mind enough that i've gotten my wife her first hidden plat (jessica simpsons) and plan on getting her another similar because she loves it.. and modern plats look better than the oldschool ones (again just my opinion) RPM

I think I like the "hidden platform" style best by far. Also, what's really great about the current platform shoe trend is that it's so many stiletto platforms (or at least "slim heel"), while in the past, platform shoes almost always had chunky heels and looked really bulky. I also like it as more "everyday women" (in contrast to high heel fanatics in the best sense as they are here) start to wear higher heels, thanks to the platform in the front which makes higher heels more wearable. With respect to walking experiences ... had discussed this already many times. My personal experience is that I wobble less with platforms, but the moment I step onto something uneven, it can get ugly.

kutenkinky, I know you want the gals to reply, but I am going to apply my right to leave my comment on this subject, anyway. Since the hidden platforms have become popular, I have enjoyed the illusion of the extreme stiletto height and the comfort of wearing the equivalency of a slightly lower heel. The Bebe Rose Pumps have become one of my favorite styles. Their heel height is about 5-1/4 inches with a hidden platform of a 3/4 inch. 4-1/2 inches has been a comfortable walking height for me. Hey Roz, If some how I could afford that eight hundred some dollars to purchase at least a pair of the YSL Black Patent Tributes, I'd also have a very merry Christmas. There is a pair on ebay, but they want close to $200 dollars more than the original cost. Wish I could join you and your sister in that New York shopping fest you are planning, if only to watch the both of you as you go through the ordeal of getting them and then wearing them out on the town. The stores might even be cutting prices, because of our economical situation. O. K. I can dream, can't I! It does sound like fun, though.