Gucci stilettos on television

Puffer

On BBC2 TV, Twiggy's Frock Exchange is an amiable forum for a varied bunch of ladies to donate their unwanted clothes and in turn acquire something else they would like. In the second programme, broadcast Tuesday 14 October, guest Roisin Murphy donated a pair of Gucci shoes which were then open to offers from the participants.

The shoes were black patent in a distinctive design with open toes and ankle straps and with very high and thin stiletto heels, judged by the presenters to be a full 5" (and they looked quite possibly a little higher). Roisin said they were too high for her and Twiggy doubted she could even stand in them. Several ladies expressed great interest and three tried them on and walked around. The first was clearly at ease in them and was later pronounced the winner, which delighted her. The second managed them well too but the third realised they were just too high for her.

There were some good shots of the shoes, both on display and being worn. It was clear that the wearers (and the others present) were having fun and that, wearable or not, high stilettos were considered smart and sexy. To see the programme, go to http://search.bbc.co.uk/search?go=homepage&scope=all&tab=all&q=Frock+exchange&Search=Search and click on Episode 2 at the right. The item comes on about 45mins in.

Sadly I can't watch the video. BBC TV programs can only be downloaded or streamed in the UK due to rights agreements according to the message I get. Too bad. I'd have liked being able to watch BBC too. They seem to have a number of good shows.