Thoughts on male shoes with heels

jwhite44

(Talk about coming full circle). I first bought a pair of woman's 3 3/4" heel ankle boots (Payless Twist Bootine). I then bought a pair of Old Navy black faded jeans, bootcut, extra long, to wear with them (still in the 'no show' phase!). The jeans really fit well, one of the best pair I ever wore, so I thought I'd get a pair in my regular length so that I could wear with male footwear.

That's when I got thinking, "Are there men's shoes with heels that I could wear with them?", especially since bootcut jheans probably don't look that great with sneakers :winkiss: .

I did some searching on Zappos (figuring if it existed, they'd have it), and found I think pretty much what I was looking for, a pair of Giorgio Brutini ankle boots. I've attached an image, and here is the Zappos link, which has more pictures:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7157266/c/6.html

They come in a size 13 (what I'd need), and are listed as having a 1 3/4" heel, which I think is pretty good for a real male shoe. They also come in "Black Snake", but I think they are way too shiny. The "Undied Natural Snake", while certainly making a statement, is over the top for me. The Brown ones (which are also on sale now) to me seem to be the best.

Searching thru Zappos, the only other pair I found which had a high heel were a pair of Durango ankle boots, also attached. While the Durango lists a higher heel heigh (2" vs 1 3/4"), they also look to have a thicker sole, so the effective heel height is likely the same. Plus, I just don't think they are nearly as stylish as the GB ones, which have a sleek look (love the tapered heel), I think overall just look a lot better.

I'm curious on what others think. Are they any other sites you'd suggest I look at? I wasn't necessarily looking for snakeskin, but in the more toned down Brown color, it definitely seems to add a bit of style (and I guess after all, isn't that what wearing heels is all about!).

post-13957-133522869113_thumb.jpg

post-13957-133522869117_thumb.jpg

post-13957-133522869118_thumb.jpg

post-13957-13352286912_thumb.jpg

post-13957-133522869121_thumb.jpg

Well that was quick! I went to add the brown ones to my shopping cart, only to find out that Brown in 13 are unavailable! Clicking on sz 12 & 11, each reported only one shoe left. I'm thinking that, plus the sale price, maybe means they are being discontinued.

I did a websearch for them elsewhere. Good news, I did find them. Bad news is the Brown on every other website (and I've found it on a few) looks a LOT lighter, and as shiny as the other ones. Below is a link to one of the sites, where you can see the 10 different colors they come in.

http://www.shoebuy.com/giorgio-brutini-genuine-snake-15064/43078/125410

Now I'm not sure what I want to do. If I can't get that original Brown color (and that's a pretty big color difference on Zappos), I'd say the Black is the next best color, since I'm certainly looking for some discretion. Maybe a question for the Shoe Modification forum - is there an easy way to knock off some of the shine from a pair of shoes?

I guess the difficulties with buying heels knows no boundaries - it seems to affect men's heel shopping as well as woman's heels!

I started a followup post, but my computer locked up before I could finish it :winkiss: I ended up getting them at Sears. Ordered them online, as they showed no availability in any stores. Ironically Sears had the same dark, less shiny picture as zappo's. I then decided to stop at my local store just in case. Sure enough they had them, in both 12 & 13. 12 was too tight, 13 was a hair too large, but it will actually be fine. To be honest, walking around in the shoe department, it initially didn't feel much different from regular shoes. I guess when you looking to walk in 4" heels, sub-2" ones are barely noticeable. I did decide to buy them (and as a bonus, they were on sale, even less than the website prices). At least for me (and maybe for others like me), I think they'll make good 'training heels'. I know in public heeling, one of the biggest fears many newbies express is concern about the heel clacking while they walk, and also looks they might get about having on 'differerent' footwear. With these shoes, while they will stand out a bit, I have no fears about being discovered in woman's heels (I think there is no doubt they are mens's shoes). That's a great tool to build up my confidence where ever I decide to go with them (I'm thinking a mall is an ideal place). Once I see for myself how this experience is, I'll have a much better understanding of what to worry about (or not), what to do (or not) when I go out in my 4" heels. I'm sure some would just go right to the 4"-er's, but since I have an opportunity here to do it in a more comfortable way, why not take advantage of it? Danielinheels, thanks for the link to cloudwalkers. I saw one pair that looked like it had potential (attached). They look fairly unisex, listed with 'approx 3"' chunk heel. With those, I'd have shoes/boots with 1 3/4, 3", and close to 4" heels, a very nice height range.

post-13957-133522869146_thumb.jpg

(Talk about coming full circle). I first bought a pair of woman's 3 3/4" heel ankle boots (Payless Twist Bootine). I then bought a pair of Old Navy black faded jeans, bootcut, extra long, to wear with them (still in the 'no show' phase!). The jeans really fit well, one of the best pair I ever wore, so I thought I'd get a pair in my regular length so that I could wear with male footwear.

That's when I got thinking, "Are there men's shoes with heels that I could wear with them?", especially since bootcut jheans probably don't look that great with sneakers :winkiss: .

I did some searching on Zappos (figuring if it existed, they'd have it), and found I think pretty much what I was looking for, a pair of Giorgio Brutini ankle boots. I've attached an image, and here is the Zappos link, which has more pictures:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7157266/c/6.html

They come in a size 13 (what I'd need), and are listed as having a 1 3/4" heel, which I think is pretty good for a real male shoe. They also come in "Black Snake", but I think they are way too shiny. The "Undied Natural Snake", while certainly making a statement, is over the top for me. The Brown ones (which are also on sale now) to me seem to be the best.

Searching thru Zappos, the only other pair I found which had a high heel were a pair of Durango ankle boots, also attached. While the Durango lists a higher heel heigh (2" vs 1 3/4"), they also look to have a thicker sole, so the effective heel height is likely the same. Plus, I just don't think they are nearly as stylish as the GB ones, which have a sleek look (love the tapered heel), I think overall just look a lot better.

I'm curious on what others think. Are they any other sites you'd suggest I look at? I wasn't necessarily looking for snakeskin, but in the more toned down Brown color, it definitely seems to add a bit of style (and I guess after all, isn't that what wearing heels is all about!).

I wouldn't wear them if their not womens heels. I don't like mens shoes.

t-straps are my favorite style.