Avoiding the burn

sarob

Question

Hi folks. I need some advice for my wife. She has a great collection of shoes, with 20 pairs over 3.5" true heel height (heel minus platform). She loves high heels and, at least with the current trend for platforms, she can wear 5" heels easily. But, walking any distance in heels with a true height over 4" soon leads to a burning on the ball of her foot. She has tried various gel pads and instep supports, which do help but the burn soon asserts itself. Has anyone found the perfect solution? Are there insoles just for ultra high heel lovers? I have checked this forum and think I may have worked out that there is no ideal solution that works for everyone, but we are ever hopeful. Any help gratefully received.

6 answers to this question

I tried walking on hands but I kept falling over:silly: Sometimes it's in the fit of the shoe, movement of the foot within or the condition of the inner sole or footbed. Some I can stand still in, (watching bands) some it's don't bother cos after 10 minutes I need to sit down due to the burn. It also varies how the feet are for that day and how often she wears that shoe/height, if it's occasional then it most likely burns sooner. It's grin and bare it or as the Doc says "Taxi" Some of the girls that spend more time in higher heels may well have their "fixes", wait and they shall add their advice. Al

MrsF insists this burning is improved by me giving her a foot massage in the evenings following prolonged wearing of 5'' heels. (Just asked her sat next to me) She also removes excess skin from the balls of her foot with a foot sander as allowing her skin to naturally thicken up seems to make it worse.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Hi many years ago i had this burning in the calloused area esp the ball of the feet, what i noticed is when my fore foot had became very hard from a build up of callouse the burning subsided,but what i can say is i wear heels daily and in some shoes that are not snug the burn is there so must be friction i emagine,but thats only my idea and if my feet are anythink to go by i hope she dont for her sake suffer like i have just to wear heels.Sharon.

• Like 1

shaz