Nails

r1g0r

ok, i know some will have issues with this, but i have maintained acrylic nails most of the time for about 8 years. i recently let them "grow off", and let my natural nails take a break. they are very poor quality as a normal condition. thin, easily splitting (painfully), and will not grow normally. i decided yesterday to re-apply acrylics. my old nail tech had changed shops to a place out of my easily-travelled area, so i decided to try a new shop at (of all places?!?) a wal-mart supercenter near me. the tech was very friendly and didn't have any apparent issues doing acrylics on a man. the nails are now about 1/8" beyond my fingertips, and done in a french manicure. i'm getting re-acquainted with the added length (typing, getting dressed, manipulating small objects), and i actually enjoy them a lot. my wife is quite supportive of me having them, she knows it doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that i enjoy nails. i'm not looking for support on this from the forum members, but i'd like to know who else does fun stuff with their nails. whether fingernails or toenails, painting them or other activities. what do YOU do with your claws?

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

anything counts! we (males) have denied (or been denied by society) most things that women take for granted. shoes, clothing, cosmetics, etc. these things aren't inherently "female" but are not allowed to be part of our world unless they are part of a very NARROW portion of each of these subjects. skirts are female, UNLESS they are kilts. heels are female, UNLESS they are cowboy boots etc... i enjoy many things that are "female", but when i use them i'm not trying to appear female. i'm 6'3" barefoot, bald with facial hair, and have only managed to pass as female on a couple of halloweens AND after hooouuurs of preparation. my best costume took almost 4 hours to prepare! so yeah, painting them for parties counts. it all does. sorry, rant mode disabled now :smile:

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

r1g0r: Cool you decided to re-apply acrylics nail. Its cool, its good looking having long nails. Since I statred living "en famme" I let my nails grow. I have my nails about the same length you have and always in a french manicure. I always wearing nail polish, mostly brightly red or matching my nail polish to the rest of my make up. I´m sorry you´re nails are of poor quality, mine are not. I have rather strong nails. Though I´m becoming a bit upset when I have broken them. I hate when my nails broke. I do try taking care of my nails. Always doing a bit of manicure, always wearing nail polish and I always wearing rubber gloves when doing the dishes, this way I try pretecting my nails from getting broken. I see you´re getting re-acquainted with longer nails. Me too, I remember in the beginning when my nails getting longer, me too. I have to change the way hold things, small things, typing, as you said, and yes dressing. At first this was a bit difficult now I do this things like, typing, getting dressed, manipulating small objects by habit, always trying taking care of my nails, in a deliacate petite feminene way. Good luck with your new nails!