sizing of Next Boots

Jay1

Do any of you know if any of the size 42 boots in the new collection at Next will fit a size 43? There are some wonderful boots in the collection but being a size 43 is a pain in the ***! :lol: I know sometimes manufacturers of boots can make them a little big; I'm hoping anyway! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

You will find that there is about 6mm difference in length and 2mm in width. If you have a long thin foot and take 43 for the length then I would say you could find they are too short. If you have a shorter fatter foot and take 43 for the width then a little stretching will alleviate the problem.

Personally I have a longer thinner foot but find that I can usually get into a 42 (I'm a 43).

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks Doc! Have you got any advice on the best way to stretch a boot? I'm a little clueless in this area!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Thanks Doc! Have you got any advice on the best way to stretch a boot? I'm a little clueless in this area!

Now you're asking!

Actually, on the subject of sizes, I've some pairs marked as UK8/EUR41, and some marked as UK8/EUR42. Eh?!?

For me, I have wider feet, so a square-toed style tends to fit better than a pointy style. Perhaps you might find the same, Jay.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I agree with you there, there's a good chance that square-toes will fit better. Also, a few of the boots are available in wide fit so that should make it better as well!

I am about to post an item under "Shoe repair and modifications"

[Now you're asking!

Actually, on the subject of sizes, I've some pairs marked as UK8/EUR41, and some marked as UK8/EUR42. Eh?!?

For me, I have wider feet, so a square-toed style tends to fit better than a pointy style. Perhaps you might find the same, Jay.

The reason for this is convention.

UK sizes are based only on length with A,B,C,D fittings like US sizes. Over the years however, the width sizing has fallen into disuse here more along continental lines with manufacturers settling for "average" widths such as "B" for ladies and "D" for men.

In continental sizing, the width is a function of the length so a ladies' 8(:lol: is a 41 and a men's 8(D) is a 42. However, this is further complicated by the fact that it would be more accurate to say that a ladies' 8 is actually a 41.5 so there seems to be a growing trend for the sizing to become "rationalised" and for ladies' 8's to get stamped 42 like the men's. This could have something to do with the "trainer/sneaker" generation producing people with generally broader feet.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.