Locking strap is only for looks

I bought a pair of black patent ballet boots with padlock only to find out that the locking strap is sewn on the side that has the lock and Velcros on the other side, thus providing no lock whatsoever. I was wondering if anyone may have any ideas other than the one listed below as to how I could make these shoes lock. My idea: Punch a hole through both the velcro side of the strap and the corresponding spot on the velcro of the boot, then run an eyelet through the shoe and through the hole in the strap and then attach lock. The problem I am running into is actually making the eyelet part of the shoe, in other words sewing it into place. Any help would be appreciated.

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

The problem I am running into is actually making the eyelet part of the shoe, in other words sewing it into place. Any help would be appreciated.

I have used a a leather hole punch to produce the hole, and then used an eyelet pliar to fix the eyelet in place. No sewing involved at all. :o

Sounds great. I have a leather punch at home, but I guess I will need to go shopping to find an eyelet pliar.

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

I have used a a leather hole punch to produce the hole, and then used an eyelet pliar to fix the eyelet in place. No sewing involved at all. :-?

I was just seconding Fastfreddy's post. In truth, the eylet(s) can be hammered into place with no sewing necessary. :o If one does not wish to go with the eyelet pliars as has been suggested (I can't get enough force behind them to make it work right), Tandy Leather offers an eyelet kit, complete with a small anvil and setting tools with which the eyelet(s) can be hammered in place. The only things one would need would be some type of hole punch and a hammer.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels