Open or closed

Chrissy85

Hi girls. roz requested new discussion items and I thought of one based on a thread that I recently responded to. In that thread about ballet flats (I know, I know, they're not high heels; but bear with me), I commented that I liked them and one reason that I like them is because they expose so much of my feet. One response to that thread implied that they show too much of the feet. I see that there is a wide variety of shoes that we love. Some of us like high heels, and some like really high heels. Some like more traditional shoes, and some like unusual shoes. Some like sandals and some like boots. So here is my question; do you like open shoes, or closed shoes, and why? And describe the open or close shoe that you like, or better yet, post photos. (I am currently out of town and do not have my camera. Once I am back, I will post some of my own photos.) Here is my preference. I tend to like shoes that show off the foot (maybe I have a foot fetish and don't know it). So for instance, I love toe cleavage. I love seeing heels, arches, and ankles. Therefore, I love low cut vamps, but I also like peek-a-boo toes and sandals. I love ankle straps, so I love shoes that show my ankles. I love seeing heels, so sandals, sling-backs, and mules are on my list. I love seeing arches, so shoes that are open on the sides are in my collection. Although I own some boots, I don't have many, because while I will agree that boots can be attractive and sexy, they cover the foot up completely. My favorite shoe of all time is a pump with a low cut vamp, with open sides and backs, except for the narrow strips of leather that extends up the backs of my feet to hold a thin ankle strap. Those shoes show off all of the aspects of the foot that I love. So how about it girls? Open or closed?

Open definitely! I love sandals, flip flops and mules, I have quite a few court shoes but the majority are peeptoes or something that shows my feet off. I don't like ballet flats personally but they're a massively popular shoe and I can see why people like them. I didn't used to like toe clevage but I like the look even though very very few of my shoes come close to showing off toe clevage. I love strappy sandals in the summer, they're my favourite kind of heel.