Hypatia in Vancouver BC

Davros

Does Hypatia still exist? I am heading over to Vancouver next week and was hoping to visit there again. Their website ineedshoes.com is now dead, and used to be a couple years out of date. Any other must visit shoe stores in vancouver?

I haven't tried visiting the Hypatia store since the website disappeared a few months ago, so don't know if it's still in business or not. There are a small number of stores in Vancouver that I've found somewhat useful. Assuming that, like me, you would be looking for larger than usual women's sizes, none of them carry very many in stock, although they will order them for you. Devon Shoes in the Metrotown Centre is good (although a bit pricey), but almost anything I've bought from them had to be specially ordered in the size I wanted (11 in open sandals, 12 in pumps or boots). I've dealt with a lady named Louise, who is very helpful, and encouraged me to try on my purchases in the store. Once when I tried on a pair of sandals with 5 1/4 in. heels (the highest I now own), and was able to walk quite well in them, I overheard one of the staff say to another "I wish some of our women customers could see him"! I've worn a few of my purchases out of the store. Model Express is quite good. They are on E. Hastings, in a rather rough area. They actually do carry a few basic models in larger sizes. The lady there is very helpful (sorry, I don't recall her name), and is quite pleased to have you try on heels in the store. Dare To Wear on Granville street caters to the fetish market, and sometimes has a few large size items in stock. They are quite used to men buying heels. The lady there told me that one reason they don't have many large shoes in stock is that they have some regular male customers who will come in after a shipment has arrived and buy a dozen pairs at a time! Hope some of the above helps.

Thanks, from me and my girlfriend. Fortunatily we're both size 10/11 so large sizes aren't as much of a problem as for others. We're definitely adding those stores to the list of places to visit.

Scalia Shoes in Kingsgate Mall, (Broadway and Kingsway) is worth a try. They carry a bunch of styles by Pleaser and Ellies if I remember correctly. As for Hypatia, I think they are gone from the Davie St location. It looked rather dark and barren when i drove past there a few weeks ago.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels