Bunions vs. heels?

I had a bunion surgery five years ago and the only prevention by the doctor was forget forever to wear any heels...but...in cases of extreme need...you could wear maximum 2" heels...for as short time as possible. However, in many chats I have met people with the surgery but without that limitation. What is your experience? :lol:

I've never had the surgery, but I inherited bunions from my Mother's family. I can't tell that heels have in any way contributed to my condition. So, I can't see how wearing heels after surgery would have any effect. How was that surgery, if you don't mind me asking? I always thought that it would help me wear pointed toes better. What has been your experience? Bob

My surgery went ok. No problems at all. It lasted about 45 minutes only. I can walk much more easily than before. :lol: I had some kinds of control by the doctor for about 6 months after the surgery and the only forbidden thing is...to wear any heels higher than 2". That is not big problem for me, a male, but I would like to wear higher heels sometimes...not always... The doctor made clear for me that bunions are hereditary because some tendons are not so strong as they would be...and in this case, heels make a good contribution to develop big bunions...