Unexpected high heel travelling (part 2)

Unexpected high heel travelling (part 2) The flight to Nice was going smoothly … I dozed off for a short while, still wearing my black « El Dantes » boots with stiletto heels. The passenger in the seat next to me, a beautiful auburn haired lady in fashionable clothes, suddenly asked me how it was that my shoes had such long pointed tips, and she added that she really liked them a lot. Now that woke me up immediately, and I told her my story and partially pulled up the leg of my jeans, showing her the full shaft and heels of my boots, and she was quite impressed I could walk on them. She immediately recognized the style and the brand, and said that she also wore this style often, she was actually wearing herself a pair of very stylish pumps, with heels of about the same height as mine. She suddenly started laughing softly, saying how funny it was, to be in a plane and sitting next to a MALE wearing the same kind of fashionable high heeled shoes while she thought she was the only FEMALE on board to wear this kind of heels … The pilot announced that we were going to land at Nice airport. We fastened our seat belts, and she fell silent for a while, as we were landing and rolling towards the airport terminal. Then came the moment of truth : we had to get up and leave the aircraft… I felt a little shaky, knowing that nobody would be waiting for me, I had to take public transport to get to the place of my friends, and wearing stiletto heels, that might be a little tricky. My new acquantaince told me her name was Giovanna, and that she was italian, and that she went to visit some friends in Nice, to continue later to Genova where she was living. She asked me about my destination, and I told her about visiting my friends. She wished me a good vacation, and said that I was welcome to visit her in Genova, and she even gave me her business card ! (what a pair of expensive shoes can do … ). The aircraft doors opened, we shuffled towards the exit (desparately trying not to step on someone’s foot), and we entered the terminal building which had, again, stone tiles on the floor … No problem, Giovanna’s stiletto’s were clicking even louder than mine, so people did not notice mine, they were all looking at Giovanna ! She told me that she had to wait for her luggage and that her boy-friend would be waiting for her, so we said goodbye. I went towards the exit of the building, looking for the bus to the city centre, and tried to walk as casual as possible, but I saw some people staring at my feet, so it went not totally unnoticed…. I got onto the bus last, not willing to have anyone behind me when I stepped onto the bus showing my heels in full glory. Once in the city, I thought that it would be too late to go shoe shopping still today, it was past seven, so shops would already be closed. I got off at the train station, and again faced the problem of entering a railway station without too much clicking of my heels … I tried to walk slowly and casually, and managed really well, but there was quite a queue at the ticket counter, so I had to join the line, feeling a little unsure about that.