how did I tell the wife

t-strap lover

Fastfreddie2 ask the question, how did I tell the wife. After we were married a few months in 1966 I let her know about my so called fantacy about high heels. I didn't say anything about having a desire to wear them. She did agree to wear them on occasion in the bedroom or to dress up in when we would go out. I would by her shoes for her and would pick the style myself. About 1970 I expressed my desire to her how I would like to try a pair of shoes for myself. She agreeded so I was able to find a pair of low heel t-strap pumps that I could get into. they were tight but in those days there wasn't much of a choice for high heels for men that wore a womens 11 and 12. I was scared when I first put them on. I was in the bedroom. when she came in she gave me a look that said this ain't going to work. I tried again about a year later with the same pair at night in the bedroom with the lights out. For some reason that time It worked. She half way accepted my wearing heels only at night in the bedroom. That was OK with me because that was one giant step. When we moved to Amarillo Texas in 1971 things were a little better. I suggested we buy the same style of shoes to wear together. Again this must have sounded to her that maybe it might be fun so she agreed to try it. Over the next 10 years or so our inventory increased to about 10 pairs each of the same shoes. mine were size 10 open toe slingback very tight fitting. in 1995 she let me start buying shoes on the internet that really for the first time ever fit. I went wild. in 2002 she suggested I should wear my shoes around the house. You know I jumped on that in a heartbeat. I've been wearing since then. She's still not comfortable with me going out in puble but I can wear while driving. Life is OK with me getting to wear my heels all day long everyday. I have now lived in the Ft Worth area for 16 years.

t-straps are my favorite style.

T-strap... Great story and thank you for sharing it. It lloks like the two of you were patient and just slowly but surely eased into you wearing high heels and her accepting them. It sounds like there is a mutual understanding and the situations are understood between the two of you. I am happy for the both of you and keep on heeling!:roll:

T-Strap: Hats off to you and especially your spouce. She is definitely special. By all of the comments made on this site, you did everything correctly, particularly by being up-front, open-and-honest, patient, and slow-and-easy. Well done. As Johnie says, you give hope to many others. Dan