6 inch heels - any ideas?

Jay1

I have just bought a pair of black ankle-strap pumps from FUSS in Germany with 6 inch stilettos. They are lovely shoes, however, the heels seem to bend/flex inwards as I walk in them. It feels like i am bouncing when I walk! :lol: Does anyone have any possible remedies or similar experiences with 6 inch pumps?

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

I think you will find that this is semi-deliberate to assist walking. Flexible heels seems to have become vogue in the last few years. They do take some getting used to but after a while you will come to enjoy them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have this pair of boots I got in Reno a few years ago, made in Canada. Real nice boots with a 4.75" heel, 0.25"(6mm) in diameter. They have (and always have had) a lot of flex, so much that they are more like four inchers to ware. The heel comes to within an inch of the sole when walking. After losing about 20 lbs they are much better.

It's really unattractive to see heels bent this way when a girl's standing. I just want to pick her up so they'll spring back into a stout upright position and set her down on them. If she were aware of what's happening, she could just stand on her toes a bit until they did, then come back down. I think any stiletto of significant height will do this to some degree. The key is to not come down on the heel harder than the sole. If your heel tip is significantly more worn on the rear part then you're coming down on the heel harder than necessary. Part of the sex appeal of heels is seeing a girl flex her arches when she's taking a step forward and about to put her foot down. So, may as well, huh?