High Heeled Training Diary #43

Laurieheels

It was a week for velvet stilettos. These are my favourite pair of shoes, and they are perfect for me. They fit well bare foot and with stockings, they have a nice five inch stiletto heel, and the velvet material allows the shoe to be more flexible and comfortable than a pair of patent pumps. These are my favourite pair. For a while, I felt that I wasn't wearing heels enough, and that I was not walking as well in them as I could. But this last week at work, I realized that I am doing a great job, I have a sexy stride going when I need it, with smaller steps and some swivelling of hips... all I need is a bit of warm up time in the morning when I first put on my shoes. So Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I wore my black velvets. On Wednesday it was a very long day, as at the end of it, I was off to the car dealership. And now, non shoe related adventures. Laurie has a new car, which is about time. Her almost seventeen year old car has been on the road for far too long, and at 186,000 km, it was time to let it rest. After almost two weeks of doing things to get a car and then waiting for one, it still had not arrived. So being a few days late already, the dealership decided to let me borrow a car. A dark blue chevy malibu, which my sister and I nick named Boo for the three days we would have it. Blue, malibu, boo, okay you get it by now. On Wednesday we needed to drive around in it a little bit, so it was a fourteen hour day in stilettos. Thursday was about the same amount of time. Friday I opted for runners, and jeans, because it was Friday, and I needed a day to be casual. It's nice to recharge. WHen I have my boots repaired, I'll wear them with my jeans again, but money is tight, even for heel tip repair. Saturday, however, was no time for casual. It was time to head back to the dealership and pick up my new car. A 2003 Chevy Cavalier, and if you don't like these cars, then keep quiet, because I love my new ride and it is becoming an addiction. It has a dash board clock, a CD player, four doors, things most people might take for granted in their own cars, but having driven a mid 80s remnant for so long, I am thrilled to have the features that I do. I still cannot believe it is mine! Now, in order to pick up this car, I had to go in style, so I wore a pair of black flare pants, a tight pink blouse, and the black velvet stilettos. And thus my sister and I, looking nice, picked up the new car and drove around for a few hours. It was great. On Saturday evening, my sister and I went to a Christmas party, and I wore my black velvets, naturally, with a black dress. My sister wore skimmer flats, but that's her style and they are cute shoes anyway. I did notice a few people at the party looking at my shoes. Envy? Jealousy? Amazement? People who know me expect me to wear them. And it is a sad report I make, because thin and high heels were not very present. A few pairs around four inches, maybe only one or two pairs that were true stiletto. I, of course, reigned as the high heeled goddess, strutting about without any trouble in my towering heels. Most women were wearing low and mid heeled shoes, a lot of sandals with lower, blocky heels, and it was boring! I didn't have much fun at the party. Except for seeing my good friend Jennifer drunk, even though she protested and said she was not. She's a happy drunk, at least. But my sister and I always have fun together, so those two things made up for it. I have three more parties to go to this month, two of them formal, and the other a department party for work with no guests allowed. But the last party before Christmas is the one Chris is taking me to, and I have a feeling that one will be the most fun. Today is a lazy Sunday. I need to cook soon. Some sort of tomato meat sauce for pasta. Hearty, low in fat, but delicious and well spiced. I should get to that, and there is much to do, being December 1st. Christmas tree must be unpacked, the advent wreath lit, and things should be made tidy. A lazy day, a busy night. Such is life, I suppose. It is the start of the Christmas season, and it will be a busy time for the next month. We shall see what the diaries hold for me, and whether or not the snow will stay away until I can re-tip my boots...

Having attended several weddings and semi-formal singles dances in the last couple of years, and watching nearly every woman wearing high-heels, and most of those who don't, eventually taking off their shoes and dancing, or walking, in stocking feet, it had to be either jealosy or amazement. Did you happen to notice how many of your fellow females took their own shoes off?? I realize that you enjoy wearing hi-heels, and don't experience much, if any, discomfort, but most women I know would feel you either a) have a high tolerance for pain, :lol: are just showing off, or c) both!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I did notice a few people at the party looking at my shoes. Envy? Jealousy? Amazement? People who know me expect me to wear them.

And it is a sad report I make, because thin and high heels were not very present. A few pairs around four inches, maybe only one or two pairs that were true stiletto.

Sigh ! If they are looking/staring in envy or amazement .... fine with me but jealousy.... I really hate it especially when talk behind your back with comments that can be very hurting. :lol:

Cheers,

Nata

Well, the jealousy is because they're not me, but it isn't bad jealousy. Everyone has good things about them, so for me to say something about others being jealous doesn't mean I think they hate me. Just that I can do something they cannot, and maybe they wish they could and are upset that they cannot. As for the car and sexy stride, well, the two go well together. :lol: And while not enough women are wearing stilettos, I take the laternate view, in that I feel more special for being one who does wear them, and thus that makes it all the more exciting to be where I am in life, and to be with Chris.